Chapter 48

My fingers trembled.

He was here. Vince was here, in my bedroom. In my house.

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt droplets of tears rolling down my cheeks.

This was serious.

And it was in this moment in which I realized that. This wasn't some joke anymore- it wasn't some stupid threat from some guy. This was dangerous and it was serious. Oh it was serious.

Did I want to be a part of this?

No. I didn't.

Do I have a choice?

No. I don't.

I was stuck between the cross fire, I was known and I was being used as an object. A thing, not a person, but just something to be used as leverage. I was stuck with Blake Martinez whether I liked it or not. And I am crazy for not running as far away from him as possible. He was trouble. I could get killed for allowing myself to get this close to him and being known in his world. His world. Huh. If I didn't know any better I would of thought I was a part of it.

My eyes wavered around my room.
Just the thought of Vince's filthy fingers trailing along my bedsheets, made me cringe. I stood up, shivering once I realized that his feet had been padding against these very floorboards. The one thing I thought I had, my privacy, had been taken away from me. I have never experienced such a terrifying feeling. I felt violated in my own home.

With glassy eyes, I didn't hesitate to reach for my phone like my life depended on it. I stared at the screen longer then necessary before dialling Blake's number. With shaking fingers, I held the phone up to my ear, my trembled breathes the only thing to be heard in the thick silence that filled my bedroom.

On the third ring he picked up.

"Kitten?"

Just the sound of his voice calmed me down. Deep and smooth like he was totally calm. Like he wasn't effected whatsoever about me calling him at this time of night. My heart rate began to increase erratically inside of my chest once I remembered the reason why I called him.

Lifting my head, my eyes were drawn to the unlocked balcony doors. The doors Vince used to get in. I sucked in a breath at the feel of someone's eyes watching me.

"Vince was here" I managed to control my voice from wavering. However, fresh tears prickled in the corners of my eyes as my fingers struggled to hold my phone straight.

Mere seconds passed before his cold voice came through the phone sending a tingling shiver down my spine. A vivid image of his fingers fisting on the other end filled my mind.

"Don't move" my lips parted just before he hagged up the phone. My head was spinning as I put my phone down on my night stand.

Darting towards my balcony, I pulled at the doors, locking them shut. I pulled on them again, my fingers fumbling around with the lock, paranoid that they would unlock themselves as soon as I walked away.

My heart stopped beating in my chest as soon as a black hooded figure came into my vision. It all happened too fast.

The glass from the balcony doors shattering into a million pieces on top of me. I screamed, just before my body hit the ground.

My eyes grew wide as the figure came striding through the broken doors. The blackness of his hoody made it hard to see him in the dark night. My heart began to pound as I took in the size of him. Largely built, he towered over me. A small squeak came from my mouth as I cowered away from him. I swallowed back a sob. God I felt pathetic.