Chapter 41

I flipped the page over, "Then you drink the poison, and lay down on the floor beside me."

I walked around Blake's bed, eying him with narrowed eyes as he made no attempt to move.

As if challenging me to say something, he raised a single brow at me.
"I'm not lying on the floor."

I kissed my teeth, suppressing the urge to roll my eyes at his childishness.

"It specifically says to lay down" I said while pointing at the bottom of the script.

"I'm not fucking lying down on the dirty floor" he replied flatly.

I let out a deep sigh.

"Blake, the floors will be clean in the theatre" I gave him a pointed look.

"This is fucking bullshit" he hissed, stomping towards me like a little boy who didn't get his own way.

I breathed in deeply for the second time before massaging my temples. "There will probably be a bed for us to lay on or something-"

"What the fuck?" He cut me off with a loud growl, gripping the sides of his script tightly in his clenched fists.

"It says here that I have to cry! I'm not fucking crying!" He glared down at his lines as if the words would cowardly disappear from his burning gaze.

I choked on a laugh, trying hard to fight a smile. Why did I find this so amusing?

I stood still, listening to him mutter a string of curse words under his breath as he paced up and down.

We had been rehearsing our lines for the Romeo and Juliet play for an hour and a half at the most, and let me just tell you. It was completely frustrating to work with Blake-he was basically a child.

"Just do as the script says" I sighed, flickering my eyes back and forth between him and the window behind him. The sun was beginning to set in the distance, the sky still light as colours ranging from orange to pink melted away into the clouds.

Blake's body jerked forward, causing my attention to slowly drift back to him. His broad shoulders were tense as he clutched the side of his torso. Suddenly the hint of the playful mood we were engaged in, died down and was now replaced with something opposite. I struggled to see what it was he was doing as he threw his script onto his bed before turning away from me.

My eye brows furrowed, my heart sinking as confused thoughts began to bottle up inside of my head.

"Where are you going?" I demanded, my voice hard yet it felt as though the words were faltering on my tongue.

I stared at his back in confusion, before it disappeared into the darkness of his wardrobe.

"Shut up" his response was dry and careless causing me to instantly scowl.

I couldn't control the large list of curse words that were just begging to be released as my frustration for him increased by the second.

"Dick" I muttered under my breath, a little part of me still curious to know why he would need to go into his wardrobe.

"I heard that" his voice was barely hearable because of the large distance between us.

I only rolled my eyes, flicking through the last few pages of the script. Sighing, I brushed my fingers softly through my messy hair before digging into my bag for my phone to check the time.

7:30

"Blake I need to go home" I called out, expecting to hear a response but I didn't get one.