Chapter 4

'Beep beep be-

"Argh" I groaned, pealing my eyes opened.

Blinking rapidly, I tried to adjust my eyes from the harsh sunlight that was seeping through my bedroom window.

Swiftly grabbing ahold of my phone from my bedside table, I turned my annoying alarm off as quickly as I could. Groggily sitting up, I unlocked my phone to check the time.

Widening my eyes at the time, I practically jumped out of bed, landing face first on the floor.

i'm so lucky my bedroom floor is carpet.

Slowly getting up, i couldn't help but wince slightly as a sharp pain shot through my back- no doubt probably from how hard i fell. Stumbling to my bathroom since I was still half asleep, I looked in the mirror to see that I was still in my clothes from yesterday.

Scrunching my nose up, I carefully peeled my clothes off my body, letting them drop onto the floor. Walking over to my shower, I turned it on before stepping in.

I closed my eyes as soon as the water came falling softly onto my back, warmth instantly consuming me. I mentally sighed at how nice the water felt on my aching bones. Trying to savour this moment, I groaned when i realised I couldn't take my time.

Grabbing ahold of my favourite mango body wash, I hurriedly washed my body, before I moved onto my hair. Grabbing the matching mango shampoo and conditioner, I began to scrub my scalp before applying conditioner to the end strands of my hair.

Rinsing the conditioner from my hair, I turned the shower off before twisting my hair around and squeezing the leftover water out. Pulling a towel around myself, I stepped out of the shower, shivering as the cool air hit my exposed skin.

I tiptoed out of the bathroom, leaving a trail of small water droplets behind me. Stepping into my closet, I began to look around in search for something decent to wear for the first day of school.

Trailing my fingers along my clothes,  I decided that I should wear something different to what I would usually wear to school. Instead of reaching for my oversized grey jumper and tracksuit pants, I settled for some denim high waisted short shorts.

Dropping the towel that was wrapped around my body, I grabbed some black lace undergarments from one of my closet draws, before slipping them on. I put on a black singlet top, before slipping the shorts on. Finishing my look off, I added my favourite black doc martens.

Walking over to the full length mirror in the middle of my closet, I checked to see if my outfit choice looked good on. Satisfied with my appearance,  I walked out of my closet and back into my bathroom.

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I took in my wet mess of light brown hair that fell down my back in light waves, stopping just before my butt. Opening the sink drawer, I carefully got my blow drier out before blow drying my hair dry so I could brush through it easier.

Once my hair was dry, I brushed it and decided to just leave my hair down and move onto my face.

I kept my face makeup simple, by just applying some thick coats of black mascara to the ends of my lashes, making my grey eyes pop. I then applied some pink lip gloss to finish the natural makeup look off.

Checking the time on my phone I saw that it was 7:55.

Walking over to my bed, I grabbed my school bag before running down the stairs and into the kitchen. Walking over to the kitchen bench I found a note addressed to me.

~~

I am at work till late tonight,

I got someone to drop your car off you can chose to drive yourself to school or walk.