Chapter 33

Picture of Heaven ^^

~~~~~~~~~~

The drive back home was silent.

Blake and I didn't speak a word about our moment in his tree house, but we didn't completely ignore each other. Until the sun began to set, we stayed in each others arms.

To think how far we have come, and such a long way my feelings for him have developed is crazy. To think that we used to 'hate' each other and now he was showing me places he hasn't shown anyone before. Back when I first started at Lake Wood High, if anyone were have told me that I would be making out with the bad boy Blake Martinez, I would have laughed in their face.

Speaking of faces...

My face was currently pressed against Blake's back and my arms clung tightly around his torso as we drove to my house. I let out a small sigh as I watched cars drive by us.

I wish we could stay like this forever, because I didn't want to think about the reality of what we were. Which was just friends.

But after that kiss, I was confused on where we now stood. I mean we have kissed before but that did not compare to the kisses we shared today. I didn't know how to feel.

I didn't want to be used for that-even though I loved him, I still had respect for myself. I didn't want him to think that he can just get with me and that was it. I wanted to know what I meant to him. I didn't want to be just a girl. I wanted to be with him.

I sighed again as i stared out into the distance. He probably doesn't even want me in that way and i was already thinking about dating him.

He did start the kisses that has to be some sort of sign. I mean he wouldn't be wanting to kiss me unless he felt some kind of feelings for me... right?

Ughhh I needed to stop giving myself false hope.

The sound of Blake's bike coming to a sudden hault caught my attention. The engine died down and we were now met with silence. It was the late afternoon which meant that my neighbourhood was pretty quiet.

Untangling my arms from around his torso, I lifted my head off his back and got off his bike. I glanced at my house, seeing my mothers car not in the driveway.

Blake leaned on the end of his bike, his shoulders squared as they tensed. There was something about the way he stood that almost seemed rigid. I silently stood opposite him, fumbling with my fingers nervously.

I glanced up at him only to let out a shaky breath when I saw that he was already looking at me. An unreadable expression was on his face. His eyes held no emotion, making it almost impossible for me to read him.

I shakily threaded my fingers through my hair, swirling a single piece around one finger and repeating it until I decided to break the building silence.

"Thank you for today" I whispered. "For showing me your special place, it was beautiful" I spoke softly as I envisioned his tree house in my mind.

My thoughts were cut short when Blake swiftly shot forward, causing me to stagger back in surprise. I searched his eyes with furrowed eyebrows, hesitantly taking a small step back.

He was playing a dangerous game with me and I didn't like it one bit.

My hands fell down to my sides only to be grabbed by his. Just as I was about to pull away from his grasp, he swiftly pulled me forward, causing me to smash hard against his chest. I breathed in deeply, my skin beginning to crawl with goosebumps from his touch.

His icy eyes stared into mine sharply, before one of his hands pulled back to softly caress my right cheek. I felt myself leaning into his hand, my heart squeezing tightly with adoration from his touch.