46. | You're safe.

- THIRD PERSON -

Elijah stormed out of the hospital room, his body reeling with anger and shock, his mind racing with thoughts of Nathaniel and Sirius.

He was in complete disbelief, he now had two sons, and not just one.

Vera, his past lover had kept Nathaniel from his knowledge. She kept Nathaniel a secret from him.

Not only did she keep him a secret but also kept her abuse a secret.

He couldn't believe Vera had kept his son a secret from him, and that she had abused both of their children. He felt a wave of guilt wash over him, knowing he should have been there to protect them.

He felt a deep sense of regret and anger that flowed through him.

He sent Sirius away for protection but the only person he needed to be protected from was his mother, Vera.

As he walked down the hallway, he spotted Lorenzo waiting for him, a concerned expression on his face.

"Elijah, what's going on?" he asked, following him out of the hospital, Lorenzo noticed the distressed look on Elijah features and immediately told his younger siblings that he'll be right back.

Lorenzo got up from one of the hard plastic backed chairs, following Elijah outside.

Lorenzo heard him sigh as Elijah leaned against the wall, pulling a cigarette from his pocket.

Elijah didn't answer until they were fully outside. Taking a deep breath of fresh air, he finally spoke, "Vera...she had another son, Lorenzo. My son. And she kept him from me all these years."

Lorenzo's eyes widened in shock. "What? Why would she do that?"

Elijah shook his head, feeling a mix of emotions: anger, sadness, and regret. "I don't know, but I'm going to find out. And I'm going to make sure she pays for what she's done to our children."

Lorenzo nodded, his expression determined. "We'll get to the bottom of this, Elijah. Together."

Elijah nodded, "I need to talk to Nathaniel, to explain everything. He deserves to know the truth."

Lorenzo's eyebrows twitched making Elijah laugh, "His name is Nathaniel."

"The boy in there is your son?" Lorenzo muttered, realization etching across his face.

Elijah nodded, flicking his cigarette.

As they stood outside, the cool evening air was a welcome respite from the emotional intensity of the hospital room. Elijah took drag on his cigarette, feeling the nicotine coursing through his veins.

Elijah took another drag on his cigarette, feeling a sense of determination wash over him. "I'm going to make it right, Lorenzo. I'm going to be the father I should have been from the start."

Elijah threw his smoken cigarette onto the ground, crushing it with his heel.

As they walked back inside, Elijah knew that this was just the beginning of a new chapter in his life, one where he would fight to protect his children.
chuckled.

- L O R E N Z O -

Just as we stepped foot back into the hospital, Julius runs out infront of me, out of breath.

"Nova- she needs you." And without a second thought I was already bolting towards her room.

Her cries filled the room as she covered her face using her hands.

Rocco blocked my view slightly, making me push him to the side.

As soon as I wrapped my arms around her she began screaming, with her body tensing.

"You're okay baby, you're okay."

As soon as she heard my voice, her tense position faltered, and her arms, which had been shielding her face, dropped to her sides. In a swift motion, she wrapped them around me, clinging tightly, as if she feared that if she let go, I'd vanish into thin air. "Enzo, don't let them get me," she cried, her voice trembling with fear and desperation.

I embraced her warmly, holding her close as she buried her face in my chest. I could feel her tears soaking through my shirt, but I didn't care. All that mattered was comforting my child, shielding her from the world's cruelties. I stroked her hair, whispering gentle reassurances, "Shh, baby, I've got you. No one's going to hurt you. I promise. You're safe now."

As she clung to me, her body began to relax, her sobs subsiding into sniffles. I continued to hold her, rocking her back and forth, trying to absorb her fear and anxiety. My heart ached seeing her so scared, but I was determined to be her rock, her safe haven. I'd do anything to protect her, to make her feel loved and secure.

After a few moments, she pulled back, looking up at me with red-rimmed eyes. I smiled and wiped away her tears with my thumbs. "You're okay, Nova. You're safe. I'm here for you, always." She nodded, a small smile flickering on her lips, and I knew in that moment, I'd do anything to keep that smile on her face.

Just as we were sharing this tender moment, the door burst open, and Sirius, rushed in, his face etched with worry. "Nova, Oh, thank God!" He hastened to her side, his eyes scanning her face, taking in the tears and fear. "What happened?" he asked, his voice laced with concern.

Nova's face lit up with a weak smile as she reached out for him. "I thought I was back there, i thought he'd gotten me." she whispered, her voice still shaky. Sirius pulled her into a tight embrace, holding her as if he'd never let her go.

I smiled, feeling a sense of relief that she had someone else to lean on, someone who cared for her deeply.

Hi!!!!

Hi!!!!

Sorry this chapters a bit rushed, I didn't want to keep you all waiting so I just wrote whatever I could.

Hope you all enjoyed! Take care everyone.

This chapter is not edited! Sorry.