22. | Bruised

- N O V A L I A -

I stared at him softly as he sat on the couch. Now I would have immensely been staring at his shirtless tattooed figure but the sight of his bruised and bloodied knuckles catches my attention.

I gasped and walked over to him, inspecting the bruised knuckles.

"Great." I huffed and glared at him as he just stared at me with the hint of amusement.

I kept glaring at him and tugged his arm so he could follow me.

Luckily I packed an emergency first aid kit into my suitcase so I could easily treat and clean his knuckles.

I dragged him through my room and into my bathroom.

The first aid kit was already placed inside the drawer of my bathroom Luckily.

Now mind you the height difference between us didn't help one bit.

Hands suddenly gripped my upper legs and hosted me onto the counter top.

I gasped and stared at Sirius who grinned like a idiot.

"What if you dropped me on my head." I glared at him.

"Lorenzo already did." He grinned and shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and dampened the cotton balls into a disinfectant liquid.

I slowly began dabbing it onto his knuckles and occasionally looked at him to see if he was in pain but he held a straight face.

His knuckles were now clean and it wasn't too bruised like before.

"All done!" I smiled and went to hop off the counter but Sirius stopped me.

"Thank you." He smiled to which I smiled too.

And before I knew it, he gripped my chin and gently kissed my cheek. I could feel my cheeks heat up and redden.

He softly chuckled at my expression which didn't help me at all.

"It's not funny." I huffed.

"Oh but it is." He grinned.

He quickly helped me off the counter and walked over to the living room.

We both sat in silence but that wasn't for long when he started speaking.

"My mom," He trailed off, swallowing hard. I immediately took ahold of his hand and held it tightly with mine.

"She wasn't the best mom, in fact she wasn't a mom at all. With all the things she's put me through, you could never label her as a mother." He shook his head.

"I was 7 years old when I was forcefully made to train, she wanted me to take over my father's business, that was her entire motive. And if I didn't comply with the training she would take it upon herself to create scars on me." He muttered, gripping my hand tightly.

"I had to cry and scream for the bare minimum, a mother's love. Was I that hard to love? These tattoos, they cover most of my scars." His voice lacing with underlying heaviness as he stared at the floor.

"Hey? Look at Me," I muttered softly and placed my hand on his cheek.

"The things you went through doesn't define you but the strength it took to be where you are now does."

He didn't say anything but immediately pulled me into a hug, my hands grazing over the scars on his back.

"You didn't deserve anything she did to you, don't question yourself because of her doings. She was the unlovable person not you." I murmured and felt him rest his head onto my shoulder before we pulled apart.

I patted my lap, and immediately he rested his head onto it.

My hands raked through his hair for a few minutes as his eyes fluttered close.

And before I knew it he was fast asleep.

Feeling tired myself I rested my head back onto the couch and felt myself slowly falling asleep.

Helllooooooooo! You guys are literally such sweethearts, you all have me kicking my feet when I read the comments haha

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!