3. | Best friends

-  N O V A L I A -

Right now I was sat in the cafeteria with many students filling each and every table.

It's always been me, just me. By that I mean I've never made any friends not like I would want to be friends with any of these infuriating and annoying people.

Many or should I say most students that attend here come from a wealthy background so they tend to think they're better than everyone else.

I'd rather be better off with myself than try to fit in with people I wouldn't want to be around.

Even though my family is well off I still choose to live a normal and humble lifestyle.

Yes Enzo bought me a car but i still choose to be dropt off at school by him rather than drive myself.

Instead of sitting in the cafeteria with friends I sit with my laptop out and read through the notes I've previously typed from a lesson.

The noise from all the bickering was silenced by the doors of the cafeteria being slammed open.

It took me a second to look up from my laptop screen before my eyes settled onto another pair of eyes that was already watching me.

It was like my world just stopped and everything around me became nothing but a void.

His eyes were set dead straight at me not taking his sight off me.

And how I knew it was him?

It was the glint held in those piercing black eyes that made me recognize him just like that.

It was no other than Sirius Reed Black who stood a few meters away from me.

My childhood best friend.

He looked much more matured, he had  a prominent jawline that was enhanced by the layers of his jet black hair framing his face.

He was strikingly handsome, don't tell Enzo I said that but it's true.

He was much more taller than I was.

I measured at 5'3 which made me incredibly short compared to my dad and brothers.

We watched eachother for a few good minutes before I hurriedly stood up and ran over to him.

I could hear all the whispers across the room but that didn't matter all that mattered was that my best friend stood infront of me after 12 years.

As soon as I was in his reach, he didn't waste any time before pulling me to his chest and resting his cheek on top of my head.

"Nova" He breathed out as he hugged me tighter.

I was still in shock to even talk, all I could do was hug him as tight as I wanted.

I was afraid that if I let go he would go too. That he would of left me again just like he did 12 years ago.

I slowly let go of him as he does the same but my fist is still gripping his suit jacket.

He gently took my hand and led us out of the cafeteria.

We reached outside where there were benches and decided to sit there.

Not one of us had uttered a word.

My voice hadn't even reached his ears yet.

"It's really you?" I asked breaking the silence.

He stared at me before speaking.

"Can I hug you again?" He dismissed my question and just stood up from the bench pulling me up from it too.

Why did he even ask if he was gonna do it anyway?

I pulled him into a hug but this time he had to bend down to my height.

"Why are you so short?" He grumbled and wrapped his arms around me.

"Nobody told you to grow into a living tree now shush and hug me." I huffed which made him laugh.

"Still so fiesty I see." He grinned as we pulled away from eachother.

"I wouldn't be Nova without being fiesty now would I?" I smiled sarcastically as he shook his head with the same amused smile.

"Come on I'll take you home." He offered as I looked to my wrist to see the time.

"Let me just get my things-"

"Leave them I'll get someone to get them for you." He said as he dragged me over to his car.

I could see the tattoos peeking from his wrist and neck area.

He was wearing a full suit which made only the tiny bit of skin showing visible.

He opened the door for me which made me happy because atleast he has manners.

"What if Enzo comes to get me?" I asked which made him raise a brow.

"Just get inside Nova." He grumbled which made me roll my eyes.

"You don't even need a diagnosis because I can already tell you have bipolar." I snickered and got inside the car.

He shut my door before running over to his side and getting in.

"Where have you been for the past 12 years Sirius?" I said as I could see him visibly tensing.

I wasn't going to pretend that he wasn't missing from my life for almost my whole childhood. Of course I'm happy that he's with me now but I needed answers to the questions that has been on my mind for God knows how long.

His head snapped to me, I could see the hard glare his eyes held which made me think for a moment that i touched a sensitive nerve.

"Drop. It." He snapped at me before I could even apologize for asking my question.

Rude.

I snorted and rolled my eyes before diverting my eyes off from his and to the road.

"Are you driving me home or do I need to walk?" I huffed.

He didn't utter a word but started the car and drove off into the main road.

Luckily we didn't get any traffic so I could reach home quicker than usual.

I didn't bother saying bye and I made sure to slam his car door shut.

He waited for me to enter the front door before driving off.

Best friends they said.

Hi everyone I hope you enjoyed the chapters! I know they aren't as perfect as I wanted but i didn't want to keep any of you waiting for any longer

I'm going on vacation tomorrow for about a week and I promise there will chapters published as soon I get back home.