𝟎𝟕𝟗: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐈𝐭 𝐑𝐚𝐟𝐞.

"You did it Rafe" Saylor smiled walking slowly over to the Cameron boy who still had the gun raised

"You did it Rafe" Saylor smiled walking slowly over to the Cameron boy who still had the gun raised. "You saved us" she nodded.

Everyone looked at her like she was crazy, and maybe she was.

"I did it" Rafe agreed his focus purely on the girl he loved, he knew she would understand.

When Saylor reached him she delicately wrapped her fingers around the barrel of the gun and slowly pulled it out of his hands.

His grip remained tight at first but he soon gave in.

Once the gun hit the ground he pulled the girl into him and shoved his head into her neck. "I did it princess" he whispered into her ear causing all hairs on her neck to stand.

This was the very last position Saylor wanted to be in right now but she knew as long as they remained that way Rafe wasn't able to hurt anyone else... except maybe her.

Rafe truly believed he had done the right thing, that he had saved his dad and finally made him proud. That's all he ever wanted, to make him proud.

The Routledge girl didn't trust her voice so nodded as she held him in her arms.

"Hey. Hey. Hold still. Hold still. It's okay. Where is it?"  John B panicked his eyes scanning rapidly over her to find where she had been shot. "Where is it? Oh, my... I'm sorry" he found the entry wound and placed his hands over it applying as much pressure as he kept repeating apologies.

"Call!" Peterkin gasped trying to gain as much oxygen into her lugs as possible. "Call for help." she wheezed.

John B listened and reached over for her radio so he could call for help but not before Ward grabbed the gun that had been tossed on the floor and pointed it straight at him. " John B, give me the radio." He demanded.

"DAD! NO!" Sarah sobbed at the sight of her father holding a gun to her boyfriends head.

The same father that read her bed time stories growing up, the same father that learnt how to braid hair when her mum left... the first man she had ever loved.

Sarah's cries caused for Saylor to open her eyes for the first time since the Cameron had latched onto her. Whilst he was mumbling incoherent words into her neck she had her eyes sealed shut trying to convince herself it was her blonde haired blue eyed boy in her arms instead.

When she saw the barrel of the gun aimed at her twins head and Wards finger sat comfortably on the trigger her heart stopped.

"Come on. Give me the radio." Ward ordered.

John Bs eyes met his sisters and he reluctantly handed the radio over. He couldn't get killed, she needed him.

"Run." Saylor mouthed to her twin the second the radio connected with Wards palm. When he started to shake her head she nodded at him with a smile on her face her eyes begging. "Now!"

"Im sorry" The Routledge boy whispered to the cop as she continued to bleed out on the cold air strip floor.

John B sprinted as if his life depended on it... and it did.

Ward was quick to pick up the gun and start aiming it towards the boy as he fled the scene.

The twin that remained at the scene broke away from Rafe to go take her brothers place in helping the Sherif. She didn't get far though as Rafe grabbed her wrist. "What are you doing?"

"She needs help Rafe, you don't want her to die and you know it" Her voice was calm and stern. Nothing had hit her yet, she hadn't had time to think about it. "Let me help" she pleaded with him.

Rafe nodded and let go of her wrist.

Instantly she placed her hands over the wound and began reassuring the woman as her blood stained the cold rocky surface of the air strip. "It's ok, your going to be ok"

"Take your sister home. Get her home." Ward frantically ordered his son shoving Sarah towards the car.  "Get her home. Take her home." He yelled once more when Rafe didn't move fast enough.

Sarah fought back but it was no use when Rafe shoved her into the car. He turned around to grab Saylor and like she knew he was going to do it she was looking at him shaking her head.

"She can't die" Saylor pretended to be on his side, she spoke as if she was trying to protect him. That the reason she can't die was because Rafe would be fucked and he believed that was her intention so took of with his sister leaving Saylor and his dad to deal with the mess he made.

"I need help! Kildare Executive Airport. Officer down!" Ward spoke rushed into the radio watching as Saylor tried to stop the bleeding.

But it wasn't working.

The blood crawled through the gaps in the girls hands and took residence under her nails. Her DIY top she made to resemble hope now stained with the blood of the only good cop on the island. The blood pooled beside her covering Saylors legs as she knelt down next to her.

"She's injured very, very badly! We need help!"

"Go" Peterkin croaked, using the last of her energy to save the short haired brunette.

"I'm not leaving you, not like this"

"Please" She pleaded.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ