𝟎𝟐𝟕: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧.

Saylor took a deep breath before she stepped through the open doors of the hotel

Saylor took a deep breath before she stepped through the open doors of the hotel. A sudden burst of cold air hit her as the back up generators powered the air conditioning. She plastered a look of fake confidence and belonging as she took large steps towards the desk.

"Saylor what are you doing?" Her brother spoke through his teeth as he fake smiled acting as if he was supposed to be there.

"Shut uppp." She sang back through her own gritted teeth and tight lip smile. As she arrived at the desk she could see her friends hanging back slightly so waved her hand behind her back and motioned the to stand with her, which they did. There was no one sat at the desk so she rang the small silver bell gaining the attention of a worker who was near by. "Show time baby." She whispered to her friends.

"Hello, sorry for the wait. How may I help you?" The women who's name badge read 'Susie' asked politely.

"I am here to collect my membership card, I believe it has been waiting for me a while." Saylor told Susie calmly. The 4 pogues behind turned to each other not understanding why or how she would have a membership card for a fancy hotel on an island she hasn't lived on for 2 years.

"What the -" JJ gasped but realised he was being to loud when Kie slapped his arm.

"That's not a problem, I just need your name so that I can sort that for you."

"Saylor, Saylor Sanders." She replied with a grimace. She hated using her mothers maiden name. She's a Routledge through and through. But she knew that the card was under her least preferred name.

"Ahhh yes, here we are." Susie clicked a few keys on the keyboard. As she passed Saylor the card over the desk she spoke again. "I'm sorry for you loss" she said sympathetically.

The Routledge girls eyebrows pinched in confusion. "My loss?" She asked quietly.

"It says here to inform you of the loss of Charlotte Peterson if you ever came to collect your card." Susie answered, she reached over the desk and grabbed her hand squeezing it trying to comfort Saylor who she assumed had just found out the news of the passing of a close friend or family member.

"Charlotte Peterson?" Saylor repeated her voice croaking and eyes watering. Susie only nodded before walking away returning to the task she was doing before Saylor called her over.

Saylor stood there stiff as a board and her breathing got heavier. Her friends and brother moved to stand beside her, JJ placing a comforting hand on her lower back and Kie placed hers on her shoulder. "Who is Charlotte Peterson?" Her twin questioned gently.

"Me." She breathed out, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ