𝟎𝟐𝟎: 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧.

John B pulls open the envelope and brings out a map, straightening it on the table littered with a deck of cards from a previous very intense match of Go Fish between Saylor and JJ

John B pulls open the envelope and brings out a map, straightening it on the table littered with a deck of cards from a previous very intense match of Go Fish between Saylor and JJ. Saylor won of course, although JJ kept stating that he was 'being a gentleman' so 'let her win'. "X marks the spot." Pope says pointing at the x on the top left corner of the map.

"Wait, there's something else in there" John B announces grabbing the envelope from under the map and tipping it up so a tape recorder falls out.

"What's that?" JJ asks.

"A tape recorder dumbass" Kie replied.

With a look towards his twin John B clicks the button on the side of the recorder and a man's voice comes out.

" Dear Bird." Saylors breath hitched and her eyes widened. Her dads voice. A voice she hasn't heard in just over 2 years.

"Who is bird?" JJ questions.

"That's what our dad called him" Saylor whispered just loud enough for everyone in the room to hear. Kie grabbed her hand rubbing her thumb over hers in attempt to comfort her female best friend.

"I hate to say, I told you so, but I told you so. And you doubted your old man. I suspect at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet, kid. I didn't expect to find the Merchant either." Everyone turned to look at each other with pure shock covering their faces.

"You were probably right to call me out. Wasn't exactly Father of the Decade. What can I say, kid? I could smell the barn. And hopefully, we're listenin' to this in our brand new sugar-shack down in Costa Rica, livin' off passive investments and pulling on permits. If not, and you find this for less than optimal reasons, well, that's what the map is for. There she is, the wreck of the Merchant. If somethin' happens to me, finish what I started. Go for the gold, kid. I love you, Bird, even if I didn't always act like it." John B abruptly stood up from his spot on the sofa and leant against the corner of the room his shoulders shaking with sobs.

Saylor grabbed the tape recording hoping for it to continue. For her dad to say her name, or even just to mention her. To have left her a message or included her in his plans to live in Costa Rica. But there was nothing.

Silence.

He didn't care about her, it was like she didn't exist to him.

She was forgotten.

She felt completely and utterly worthless. Her father sent her away and never once thought about her again. All the times she cried and screamed for her dad when she felt like she couldn't handle her mother anymore and he didn't care. She felt numb, but an angry numb.

While Kie was comforting her twin. Saylor grinded her teeth together in anger. She wasn't only angry and her dad and herself. She was angry at her brother. Why did he get to have a dad when she didn't? Why did he get to stay with her friends when she didn't?

She dropped the tape recorder from her hand, it making a loud noise as it bounced back of the table. With strong steps she pushed past her friends and through the chateau door wanting nothing but to fall into old habits.

"S?! Where are you going?" Pope shouted after her. She continued to ignore her best friend and walked down the drive way.

"Are you seriously running away again?! I need you!" Her twin called after her and his words only angered her more. She never ran away, she was sent away theres a big difference. She was tired of being strong for everyone else and not having time to deal with her own shit.

"Guys, let her be. She needs space." Kie told them calmly as they watched Saylors figure completely disappear from their spots on the porch.

"Let her be?! What if she gets hurt!" JJ snapped back at Kie.

"She's strong JJ, she can handle herself." She replied sternly annoyed at him for snapping at her when she was trying to help.

"Doesn't mean she has to" he mumbled under his breath.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ