𝟎𝟐𝟐: 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬.

Saylor went to make a sassy remark after seeing who it was that had placed themselves next to her drunk figure but he spoke before she could

Saylor went to make a sassy remark after seeing who it was that had placed themselves next to her drunk figure but he spoke before she could. Part of her was happy he spoke first as she was unsure her words wouldn't come out slurred.

"I'm sorry." He apologised.

The sincerity of his voice shocked the Routledge girl and she pulled her eyebrows together. "Your apologising?" She questioned. It was obvious that's what was happening but her mind was hazy and this was the last thing she was expecting.

"Yes. I am sorry for hurting you, for hurting  your brother and for making that stupid comment about your father." He explained.

"Wow that's a lot." She breathed.

"You don't have to accept my apology I understand that-" She cut him off before he could continue.

"I do. I accept your apology."

"Well, that went better then expected." He hummed. It was silent for a moment before he spoke again. Weirdly it was a comfortable silence. "Im sorry."

"What are you sorry for now?" She joked.

"Your mother." He said calmly in a monotone voice.

Her heart rate increased and she gulped. "Oh" is all she could manage to get out.

"I know it's not the same but I understand. My parents are having a messy divorce. She gets angry sometimes. Most the time it's verbal but a few times it's got physical." He spoke with his head facing forward looking into the lawn but he could see her sympathetic eyes watching him intensly through the corner of his own.

"She bribes me with expensive gifts thinking it will make me forget. It never does. Like this week she bought me a brand new boat. Can you belive that?! She would rather spend that much money on a boat I don't even want instead of talk to her own son!" He laughed bitterly. "God, I don't even know why I'm telling you all this. You just think I'm some Kook with a picture perfect life." He rambled shaking his head.

Saylor grabbed his hand and he turned to look at her. "I understand. Your grass is only greener because it's fake." She nodded at him taking a deep breath before continuing. "On the mainland me and my mother lived in a rather large home, from the outside it looks perfect. Everything you could dream of. Inside it was filled with screams and smashing bottles."

Now it was his turn to place his hand on hers and gently squeeze it. "I guess we're not so different then huh."

"I guess not." She replied. She began feeling dizzy and sleepy again so in her drunken state her head fell onto his shoulder. Surprising both of them he let it remain there. "You surround yourself with the wrong kind of people Top" she informed him tiredly. The nickname rolling of her tongue before she even had time to pick up on it.

He thought about what she had said for a while before responding. "I know, but I don't have anyone else." He sighed truthfully.

"That's not true." She told him sternly raising her head from of his shoulder letting the world stop spinning before continuing. She held out her pinky finger towards him. "You have me now, Top."

A tear silently slid down his face as he took in what she was telling him. How could someone he has hurt in the way he has and has been through the things she has be so accepting and caring towards him. He envied that of her. She was strong and he wanted to be too and maybe with her by her side he could be. "You have me too Lor" He wrapped his pinkie around her own. They smiled kindly at each other.

"No one has ever called me Lor before, I like it." She spoke quietly just above a whisper. She began she shake, the fact she has been sat outside in minimal clothing for so long began to hit her.

Topper took of his jumper and slid it over her arms. "Let's get you home shall we." He announced as he stood up pulling her by her arms up from the pavement.

"No, not home." She pleaded.

"Where to?"

"Heywards. Can you please take me to Heywards." She tiredly requested.

"Heywards it is." He chirped. They began to walk towards his Jeep but Saylor was clumsily dragging her feet along so he pulled one of her arms over his shoulder to help her.

As soon as she was buckled safely in the passanger seat she was asleep and didn't wake up until Topper gently tapped on her arm to announce they had arrived.

When she opened her eyes she saw Topper and Heyward looking down at her.

"You look like shit." Heyward announced sternly but calmly at the same time.

"Thanks pops, love you too." She stirred.

"Come on let's get you inside." Heyward and Topper had an arm each draped over their shoulders as they carried her into the house and up the stairs carefully placing her on Popes bed.

"I'll be on my way." Topper announced feeling awakward now stood in Popes bedroom with his father and his new found friend. Just before he reached the door he heard his name being called.

"Top, thank you." Was the last thing she whispered before her eyes fluttered shut.

"Your welcome Lor." He whispered back at her sleeping figure before finally leaving the room.

"Hey kid, thanks for bringing her home safely." Heyward gratefully thanked the Kook.

"No problem Sir, anytime." He nodded. "Do you want to use my phone to let her friends and brother know that she's safe?" He offered. "I know that's there's still no power on the cut"

"Thank you, that's very kind of you." Heyward took the phone from out Toppers hands and typed in Kies number knowing she is the only one who with have a charged phone.

He sent it quickly before handing the phone back

He sent it quickly before handing the phone back. With a final nod Topper left the Heyward household.

Kies phone pinged and a message from a unknown number popped up on her screen.

"Is it from Saylor?" The 3 boys all asked at the same time.

"No, it's from Heyward. He said shes safe and spending the night there" she informed the group and they all sighed in relief. They could finally sleep now knowing she was okay.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ