𝟎𝟏𝟐: 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬.

The next morning Saylor decided she needed to clear her head so left a note on the kitchen table explaining she had gone on a walk, leaving JJ and John B to go to Lana Grubs without her

"I'm just saying, I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara. She clearly likes you. She's like, 'Oh, John B.'" JJ tells John B as they drive to Lana Grubbs house to ask about the compass. "She's sketching about you diving, then she kissed you."

"She kissed me on the cheek." John B huffed. "Besides, I haven't had much time to think about Kie, not with everything going on with Saylor."

JJ groaned and stressfully ran his hand through his dirty blonde hair. "Some weird shits going on with her dude. While you were down diving Officer Shoupe made comments about her causing trouble. Which makes no sense scene as she hasn't been on the Island. And then whatever her and Pope spoke about the other night has really shook him up."

"Tell me about it, Popes been watching over her like a guard dog." He scoffed. "She hasn't told me shit. It's not like I'm her brother or anything." He groaned sarcastically.

The rest of the way to Lanas they carried on their conversation the main focus being Saylor.

When they arrived they were immediately met by the sounds of smashing and screaming. They ran to the side of the house and leant against it trying to not be seen. There was a loud bang and flakes started landing on JJ and John B.

"Is that paint?" JJ ask and John B nodded. Soon after an engine started and a boat took of "Dude, those were the guys that shot at us." JJ informs John B. John B then grabbed JJs arm and pulled him into the house.

Miss Lana sat on the ground surrounded my broken glass. John B kept trying to talk to her and ask her about the compass but all she did was screams and tell them to get out.

JJ pulled John B from beside the shaken up women and back into the van. They then drive back to the Chateau in silence trying to wrap their heads around what they had just seen.

When they got back to the chateau Pope and Kie where already there and sat on the porch. JJ began to dramatically tell them about what had happened at Miss Lanas and John B just stared at the ground playing with the compass. "Look at this shit" He says shaking his head whilst paint flakes fly out.

"That's dandruff, disgusting." Kie gagged.

"It's paint!" He tells her. She and Pope start to question and lecture JJ about the descriptions of the two men but my mind was blank. "I wasn't taking little mental Polaroids the entire time. I was under duress, okay? But I can tell you... I can tell you by the way that Ms. Lana was screaming... that these guys are serious, serious hombres, man. It's a heavy vibe right now, okay? I'm not liking this very much."

"My dad. My dad's office. He always kept the office locked because he was worried about his competitors stealing his Royal Merchant research. We used to laugh at him like he was gonna find it. But now that he's gone, I've just kinda... I just left it as he kept it." John B says as he stands up and walks into the house and towards the office.

"Yeah, for when he gets back." Kie tells him.

"I've slept over here like 600 times, and I've never seen this door opened." Pope says whilst his eye frantically searches the messy room.

"That because me, dad and Saylor are the only people that were allowed in here" John B says before he explains how all of the former owners of the compass had died and it eventually got passed down to Big John.

"You have a death compass" JJ tells John B.

John B then pulls of the back of the compass and the word 'Redfield' was carved into the back of it. The group gather around the table trying to work out what Redfield could mean.

John B made his way over to the window but when he looked out he was greeted by a black SUV and the two men that shot at them in the Marsh and that were at Lana Grubbs house stepping out. "Guys, they are here!" He shouted gaining everyone's attention.

Pope ran over to the window and his heard dropped seeing the men. He knew that they weren't only there for the Compass but for Saylor too. He couldn't believe he hadn't questioned her absence sooner. "John B, where is S?" He questioned him worriedly.

"She left the house early this morning, haven't seen her since." John B responded in a rush as he ran to the door of the office and locked it.

"Saylor Routledge!" "Come on out now!" "Get out here!" "Routledge!" "John where you at, boy?" "Sack this place!" The men shout as they rummage through the house.

"We gotta leave! Guys, window. Window." kie whisper yells. They run over and try to pry it open but it is painted shut.

They finally managed to pry the window open just as a fist collided with the office door. The 4 Pogues climbed through and ran to the chicken coop. After a few minutes the men walk out of the chateau carrying boxes of Big Johns research. The chicken wouldn't stop clucking which made one of the men turn to the coop holding up his gun. "Do something, Pope. Shut him up." JJ whisper yell at him.

"What do you want me to do? Pet it, or talk to it. I don't know. You do something" He scoffs back and the man continued walking closer to the coop. JJ quickly grabbed the rooster and snapped it's neck making sure it's as painless as possible. Kie let out a quiet sob from beside him.

"Ratter! What the hell are you doin'? Let's go find her." The man outside the car shouts and he starts walking away from the chicken coop. The group sigh in relief as the black car drives away.

Her.

"We need to find Saylor!" Pope informed the group sternly. He quickly ran out of the chicken coop and ran into the Van.

"Pope what are you doing?!" "Calm down!" Kie and John B yelled.

"Get in the van! Now!" He demanded harshly. He clenched his fists when no one came into the van. "They are looking for Saylor!" Those 5 words was all it took for the Pogues to sprint into the van.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ