𝟎𝟎𝟓: 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬.

"Shut up" John B told Pope thinking it was joke

"No way." Kie added thinking the same thing.

"Guys, he is telling the truth!" Saylor informed them. She had become good at spotting and noticing things over the past 2 years. She had Barry to thank for that. He taught her everything he knew so that she would actually be helpful when they went out to do their jobs.

It's crazy but Barry was the closest person she had to a friend on the Mainland. Even though she was forced to work with him and she had no choice he was the only person that didn't hurt her. She knew he is not a good person and only uses her to complete drug deals but it's hard not to latch on to someone when they are the only person in your life that doesn't cause you harm, not directly anyway.

Saylor took of her shorts and shirt leaving her in her bikini and jumped into the water to investigate. She had completely forgotten about the scars on her body as she wasn't used to having to hide them.

The 4 Pogues all gasped and winced as they saw the white marks all over her. Tears pricked her brothers eyes as he imagined all of the possible ways she had received them.

Anger filled JJ at the sight and he wanted nothing more than to hurt whoever caused them.

Kie and Pope were in a state of shock.

Saylor turned from her position in the water to see them all staring at her and her brother with glossy eyes.  Then she realised what was happening, that they had seen her scars.

Part of her was glad because she wouldn't have to hide them anymore but the other part was ashamed that they had seen how weak she was. "Guys, I'm fine. Are we going to look at this boat or not?" She asked them trying to change the topic.

The 3 on the boat started stripping down into their swimwear ready to jump into the water.
They all made a mental note to ask about it later. JJ just sent Saylor a sad smile to which she just nodded her head in response.

Once they were all in the water they dived down to inspect the boat. They swam around for a bit before Kie, JJ, John B and Pope pushed of the roof and swam to the surface.

Saylor stayed down at the boat and continued investigating the boat until she found a key. She was good at holding her breath as her mother used to hold her head under the water when she was angry with her so staying down longer than the rest was easy.

"You guys saw that?" Pope asked the 3 Pogues who he had swam up with.

"No Pope. Non of us saw that big boat that we all swam up to" Kie replied sarcastically as she climbed back into the boat.

"That's a Grady-White. A new one of those is like 500 Gs, easy. That's a primo rig." JJ informed them excitedly.

"Yeah. That's the boat i saw when I surfed the surge." John B told the group. "Maybe it hit the jetty or something."