sixty three.

His body is leaning against the couch, legs spread apart with a lit cigarette in hand. He's wearing his usual black dress shirt and pants, his shirt is unbuttoned at the top revealing a couple of the tattoos on his chest, and Lord is it a sight for sore eyes.

My insides clench from him sitting in front of me, and I quickly snap out of it before anyone can notice just how much he puts me in a trance.

What is he doing here?

His eyes lock with mine before they trail downward towards me and Aiden's intertwined hands. Without thinking, I pull my hand from his grasp and walk over to the other couch to sit down, motioning for Aiden to sit beside me.

"I thought you said he wasn't coming." He whispers in my ear after he sits down.

"I didn't think he was."

The jealousy pouring out of Aiden is something I'm not familiar with. Throughout the entire time we were dating he never acted the way he's acting tonight. It's almost as if his jealousy is laced with anger, and I look around the table eyeing the shot glasses in front of me, already finding myself in need of it.

I reach over and pick one up, I can feel both their eyes on me as I bring the glass to my lips and dip my head back, welcoming the bitter taste. Surprisingly, I don't feel the urge to gag anymore, I think I've grown used to the taste during these past couple weeks.

And honestly, I can't tell if that's a good or bad thing.

I look over at Mason for a second to find his lips curved upwards ever so slightly, then I return my focus on Aiden who's looking at me like he doesn't even remember the girl in front of him.

"Drink?" I ask him.

"I'm driving." He reminds me and I instantly feel foolish.

I nod my head, of course he's driving.

Fuck, why am I acting like this? I can't think whenever he's around, and having Aiden breath down my neck is only making me second guess everything I do even more. I sit up straighter, Mason's eyes burning into me but I refuse to look over at him again.

I keep my attention on the things around me, the strobe lights, loud pounding music, the pungent smell of sweat and sex.

Huh, I guess Aiden was right.

The odor only stirs jealousy inside of me for all the people who are able to really let loose tonight while I sit here with a pile of bricks on my chest.

Aiden's hand finds itself on the top of my bare thigh and I nearly recoil from his touch. I refrain from shifting under him, and instantly feel as though I'm being suffocated by all the noise, by Aiden, by him.

I see Corey, Alec and Jessica already making small talk, drinks in hand and I sit in my seat with Aiden's fingers lightly tapping my thigh.

Why am I acting like this?

Mason has made it perfectly clear he doesn't want anything to do with me, many times actually. It's not only the words he's giving me, it's his body language, the uninterested look on his face whenever he sees me that sends my heart plummeting.

I look around the room at the people in front of us dancing on the dance floor, they all seem to be having such a great time. They all seem happy, and even if they aren't the alcohol in them is sure masking it well. I on the other hand, am not.

I swallow hard, willing my eyes not to to shift towards the piercing green ones I feel on me, but I do anyway. I guess I don't have as much strength as I thought.