twenty three.

I sit there on the counter as I try and gather what she just said. Did she just say Tristian? I watch as their eyes dart back and forth from each other and then back at me. The tension in the room was thickening by the second.

Natalie's eyes start to water as she tries to search for words to say. Her mouth reopens and closes... she was speechless. We all were. It didn't take long for me to realize what I'd done. This whole time hidden in the bathroom at the masquerade party, Tristians tongue was down my throat.

Before I knew it, Natalie turned around and ran out the door, tears streaming down her face. I hop off the counter and stare at Tristan, his eyes wandering all around the room. While all this was happening I didn't know who I was kissing, but he knew I wasn't Natalie.

"Natalie, wait!" I call out after her and begin to run but Tristan grabs my arm pulling me back. "Get off of me!" I shout as I hit my hands on his chest in anger.

"How could you do this to her!" I yell at him and he lets go of me. For a moment I see a flash of regret in his eyes, but I don't believe it.

Natalie organized this whole party and he had the audacity to do this... but then again so did I.

I'm just to blame.

By the time I run out the bathroom door Natalie is already gone. I can't see her through the crowd of people so I follow my instincts and go where I would go in a time like this: the exit. I squeeze my way through the people in a hurry.

"Move," I say to a couple in my way. At this moment I don't care about anything else but Natalie. Here I am at another party and I fuck up again. I betrayed my best friend, somebody I would never intentionally hurt.

Once I finally run out the exit I see Natalie walking on the grass towards her car.

"Natalie, wait, please!" I say as I catch up to her. I stop right behind her and catch my breath. She slowly turns around and I see her eyes have become a shade of red, her makeup smeared on her face as her breath was becoming a bit shaky. It pained me to see her this way. God, what have I done?

"Natalie, I didn't know it was Tristian, I promise I-" She starts to laugh and I stand there confused as to why she finds amusement in my words.

"Of course you didn't know it was Tristian, because that would mean that you'd actually be at fault." She mocks. She's hurt, and she's just trying to hurt me.

"Let me guess..." She continues, "Things didn't go so well with Aiden so you find yourself a new five minute stress reliever?"

She's hurt.

I have to remind myself, she doesn't mean any of this. I don't have a reason to argue with her, she has every right to be mad at me. If she needs to get this out of her system in order to feel better, I'll take it.

But it doesn't make hearing it hurt any less.

"You can't quit can you?" She laughs, I watch her quickly wipe a fallen tear before she goes on. "I mean first Mason and now Tristan? How many guys is it going to take to satisfy you?"

I could see the way she looked at me with disgust. I could feel the tears start to fall from my eyes and I looked away. I couldn't even look at her face because I knew she was sickened by what she saw.

She wasn't yelling, she could barely get the words out. She was in shock, as was I. I can't believe I did this, I refuse to believe I would hurt Natalie this much.

"I'm sorry." I say, but I can tell it wasn't going to be enough. "I'm sorry you think I'm not who you thought I was, but I promise you I-"

"You don't get it!" She shouted, taking a step back and slowly eyeing me up and down. "You are who I thought you were... You're exactly who everyone thinks you are." She finishes, and turns around leaving me in nothing but tears.