Sasha's Past Part - 2

Nia's POV

"You and your friend Samiksha are the whistleblowers in case of Darsh Marwa."One of the Anti Ragging committee member stated after reading our detailed filed complaint on the portal.

He was middle aged man. Around my dad's age may be.

"You mentioned in the report that Jaydeep Mitra has been bullying college students."He paused for our agreement.

We nodded in response.

"You also mentioned that the offender has committed ragging on students in the past on many occasions. Do you have any proof to support your statement Miss?"He scrutinized us with his gaze.

"No we don't."Sasha answered.

"Actually we do.Our friend Pranjal Sharma could attest to the fact." I said as his name suddenly popped in my mind. I was an eyewitness in that situation too.

Sasha met my eyes with a hopeful smile.

"Anyone else beside your friend?"Member number two with salt and paper hair asked.

"No."Sasha answered half-heartedly.

"Don't worry. We will also consider your friend's attestation if the current allegation in the recent incident proves to be true."He assured.

"We do have an eyewitness in Darsh Marwa's incident. My friend here saw when Jay i mean Jaydeep threatened the victim. Also i can attest to the past foul behaviors of his. We went to same boarding school."She explained.

"So you know the offender since years? But He didn't mention anything about it when we spoke to him yesterday. Strange."Member number one commented.

"We are not on talking terms. We don't get along well with each other. May be that's why."Sasha provided.

"Can you tell me the reason Miss?"The only lady on the committee finally spoke.

"I am afraid I can't."Sasha replied.

I could feel her discomfort from where i was seated.

What is her deal with Jay?And why she guards that secret so dearly?

"Then we will have to rule out the fact that you can attest to offender's past behavior."The lady noted down something in her laptop as she was speaking.

Member number one turned his attention on me."Miss Subhash tell us about what happened on that day."

I took a deep breath and started narrating the incident as clearly as my memory allowed.

"We have heard your side of the story. Now it's time to hear from the horse's mouth."with this he pressed a bell.

A peon entered the room.

The committee guy whispered something in his ear. From what i could make out i assumed they were going to call Darsh now.

Soon the door opened and he entered. He took a seat on the only unoccupied chair at the panel.

The committee member started reading all the details from the complaint we had filed all over again.

I wonder if they ever get tired of narrating the same things everytime a new person walked in the room.

Finally the lady was done with it.

She asked Darsh"Is it true that you are a victim of ragging?"

"No."He answered.

Sasha and I turned our heads in his direction at the same time.

Did we both hear wrong answer?