Distance b/w Chicago & Sanfransico

A/N:This one is simple guys. If you you are as crazy as me for this movie.The title itself must have reminded you of it. :)
************************************

Nia's POV

"Chicago se Sanfransico kitna dur hain?(How far is Chicago from Sanfransico?)"asked the female lead to her fake prospective groom. This might be the zillionth time I was watching this movie. But I could never get enough of it.

"Mujhe kya pata(Don't know)"Mayank's irritated voice disrupted my blissful ride of enjoyment.

"No one is asking you. So keep calm and Let me watch the movie peacefully."I scowled.

"How can you watch this movie so many times? I am bored the very first time."Mayank made a disgusted face.

"Oh my god!!They are playing this movie.Sad. I missed the beginning."Veena Aunty's voice was overflowing with excitement.

"Mom, you too?"Mayank gave her a disbeliving look.

"Let me watch the movie. It's been ages since I last saw it."She replied, her eyes instantly glued to the tv screen.

"Whatever."Mayank shrugged off his shoulder and went inside his room.

Veena Aunty and I enjoyed the movie for the next one and a half hour. Soon the credits started rolling down the screen.

"Mom,where is my bat?"We heard Mayank yelling from his room.

"I was playing cricket the other day. I think I might have dumped it in the garbage bin."Veena Aunty replied sarcastically.

I chuckled at her words and she shot me a mischivious smile in response.
Soon the door to Mayank's room was opened,revealing his angry face."Mom, now is not the time to joke."

"Beta, it's you who plays cricket. How would I know where is your bat?"

"I need my bat. It's my lucky bat."He sullked.

"Then go search for it."Aunty stated as matter-o-factly and went to answer the landline as it rang.

"Sone ki bat thi kya?(was the bat made of gold)"I joked.

"Nahi chandi ki.(No silver)"He replied sarcastically.

"Poor joke."I remarked.

"It was better than yours."He smirked.

"What will happen if you don't find it. Will you be out on first ball of first over? Or the match will be drawn? You will end up dropping dozens of catches while fielding. Or worst you will lose the match."I started irritating him with my talk.

He ignored me as his attention was now fixed on something peeking out from under the sofa.

"Finally."He bent down on his knees and dragged the wooden bat out.

"Who hid it?"He narrowed his eyes on me. I shook my head from north to south in response. But he didn't believe me.

"Run for your life Nia."with this he charged up towards me, holding the bat in his hand as some kind of a weapon.

I started running for my dear life. My screams soon filled inside the house.

"Nia and Mayank. Stop it."Aunty yelled at us from kitchen.

"Aunty save me."I yelled on top of my lungs while Mayank still chased me in the living room. She hurriedly came out from the kitchen."Mayank, drop the bat right now. If she gets hurt, I will throw you out of the house."

"Chill Mum.No need to get into Mother Hen mode. I wasn't really going to beat her."Mayank threw the bat on sofa and raised his hands in surrender.

"But she hid my bat. Aren't you going to say something about that?"He complained. Aunty looked at me. Her gaze was questioning.