Sasha's Past Part-1

Dedicated to: SnehaDas112

Thank you for being the first person to vote on the recently published chapters. ♥️

************************************

Nia's POV

I hadn't told anyone about the break up. Not that i had many friends left to share the devastating news with.

So only Pranjal knew.

He tried his best to sort out issues between us but Aaruj and i refused to speak anything about the matter.

Our unit test had recently started which meant we hardly stayed at college for more than three hours. So our break up didn't end up being the talk of the town fortunately, atleast for a time being.

For once in my life, I was truly greatful for exams. Because they also distracted me from the pain i felt when I remembered his face.

We once crossed path in hallways but he ignored me. To be honest we both ignored each other.

But I had this urge to run back into his arms.

I would have given him a tight hug but i was scared he wouldn't reciprocate it.

I wanted him to look at me the way he did before things started going haywire.

Days seemed to stretch into years.

Finally the unit test was over.

One day, during our english class a circular was sent. Our Professor soon revealed the suspense.

It was regarding some social responsibility event. They required volunteers to paint the schools for children.

Apparently the social committee was running short on them.

"So class who wants to nominate?"Professor asked.

Almost everyone raised their hands. I did too.

"Very good. I am proud of you all."He said to the class.

"But i would be more proud if all of you showed up at the actual event too."

************

I was going to library the next day when i ran into Kairav.

"Hey stranger! watch where you going."He joked.

I slapped his arm playfully.

"Care to spare a minute?"He asked.

I bobbed my head.

"Good. I wanted to have a discussion with you."He informed.

"What discussion?"i enquired.

"First we eat cause the rats in my tummy want something yummy."He said practically dragging me in the direction of the cafeteria.

We ordered the food and sat at a table.

"So you know we have that social responsibility event coming up. I am one of the committee members from students."He started but was interrupted by the canteen bhaiya who delivered the order. He thanked him and got back to the discussion.

"At first, We were only going to paint the school. But now we are thinking of expanding the help. We will also include some donation drives too." He elaborated.

"That's great. I am going to volunteer anyway."I informed enthusiastically.

"That's not the point. We now have enough volunteers. We need some more committee members from the student body."He explained.