[67.1] GOSSIP GIRL

•|•|•

"Small, intricate, shiny, very pretty, and metallic."

•|•|•

"SHE'S COMING!" CLAIRE whisper yelled back to me, gently shutting the door behind her.

My eyes widened at this, grabbing my bag while stifling down a yawn. I walked over to where she was standing by the door, crouching beside her, giving her, a signal and she opened the door one more time.

I peered through catching Daya walking down the hallway turning the corner.

"See?" Claire asked and I nodded, tightening my back strap, "you said she's in and out quickly so you'll have to hurry," she reminded me.

"And if Daya's in this early," Lira sighed, spinning the chair to face us, "it means she'll be out even quicker," she smirked chewing her turbo purple gum.

My eyes strayed from her and back to Clair with a soft sigh. After losing my keys, this is the kind of life it seems I've resorted to. Waiting for Daya to get in so that I could get into my own room.

It was the first time, but I knew I wasn't going to get used to this any time soon. Daya was the last person you would want to wait for, given the fact that she was rarely ever in our room and only arrived late in the night.

It was a miracle she was in by 9 pm. I couldn't lose this opportunity-

"You have to wait for three minutes so it doesn't look suspicious," Claire pointed out, eyes strained on her wristwatch.

Lira scoffed, rolling her eyes at this, "and they say blues are nerds," she grumbled.

I waited patiently by the door, watching Claire's face until her watch beeped and her eyes shot up to mine, "go!"

Nodding, I opened the door then walked out, gingerly waving back at her as I followed the hallway to my room. I had gotten a little thirty-minute nap after the Gathering, but that was about five hours ago and right now all I wanted was to be in a space I was more than comfortable in, and hopefully in silence.

As I neared my room door before I could wiggle the handle my ears had already picked up two voices coming from the inside. They were both Familiar. Ellie and Daya. I took a deep breath in, just to prepare myself for anything before I gently pushed the door open, walking in. I could feel their eyes on me, only for a moment as the chatter died before it commenced.

"So, he didn't say anything about it?" Ellie asked, thankfully not seated on my bed this time, instead, making herself comfortable on the chair by the study table, crossing her legs.

I moved to my wardrobe taking off my backpack and my bow tie, allowing myself to breathe. I side-glanced their way, catching Daya in the middle of an eye roll and a scoff as she turned around, my gaze immediately shifting back to my own wardrobe even though my ears were dutifully attentive.

"Are you kidding me?" she scoffed, "we barely even talked, he's been giving me the silent treatment since 'you know what.'" she replied, moving behind me opening her own wardrobe.

"Are you sure you're not just exaggerating?" Ellie replied, blowing at her nails, "Harvest is naturally...Silent. I think that what adds to the mystery," she giggled.

If I could roll my eyes at this moment I probably would have.

The mystery she said.

I would have gladly switched places with her just so that I could be as ignorant as she was. Ignorance is bliss.