[10.1] HALLWAY BOY

•|•|•

"Tell me you got his name!"

•|•|•

I DIDN'T KNOW what time Daya arrived last night, but I knew it couldn't have been early. I had awoken at least twice in that span to an empty bed across from me. Not counting early this morning. However, when I returned from the showers, she was already dressed and doing her hair.

Deciding not to think too much about it, I decided to focus on Claire who had accompanied me to the showers and reminded me to be ready in twenty minutes. I wanted to be ready on time.

"Good morning," she greeted laying her brush down on the table as she turned around to face me.

I offered a polite nod accompanied by a small smile as she moved to the mirror, checking her light makeup.

"Claire's accompanying you right?"

I glanced over at her, nodding whilst opening my wardrobe.

"Good. Classes begin at seven, don't be late," she muttered, grabbing her keys and her bag.

My eyes followed her figure as she left and I sighed in relief, now able to fully change.

The uniform was the easy part, but my hair was a jungle. Pulling a brush out I managed to pull it up in a bunny tail, just in time for Claire, who knocked once before opening the door.

"Are you ready?" she squeaked peeping in.

Yes, I realized privacy was not her strong suit but I grinned nodding, grabbed my bag and my keys, and practically skipped to the door.

Here goes nothing.

***********

"You know, this seems clever when you first look at it but when you look up close," Claire mumbled moving closer to the bulletin board, "you really can't understand a thing!" She huffed, "All I see is gibberish."

We both stared at the master classes' bulletin board. According to our schedule, we were supposed to be in classroom ZA.

"What sort of a classroom name is Za?" Claire whined and I couldn't help but agree with her. I was the last person who would know anything about 'school' as I was home-schooled all my life but right now, I wished it could have just been numbered.

Confusion was not needed right now.

The halls in the Crown were bustling with life as students lounged around, probably already knowing their perspective classrooms while we stood there looking at the map cluelessly and aimlessly.

I jotted down something in my notebook handing it to her. She looked up, eyes roaming around.

"Yes, we should ask someone," she repeated under her breath.

"Her!" she pointed to a random girl in the hallway, "she looks friendly, right?" she didn't wait for an answer, but if I had, I would have said, 'You can't even see her face,' as her back was turned toward us.

"C'mon!"

She pulled me along with her and I realized, this would be happening a lot. I had to get used to being pulled and pushed, a huge contrast from being handled like an antique.

"Excuse me," Claire began, quite breathlessly and I glanced over the short distance we had covered. Man, she was out of shape.

The girl turned slightly, from the conversation she was having with her friend, and at this point, I realized she did not look friendly at all. Both of them looked at us weirdly as Claire asked where we could find the classroom on her schedule, handing it to her.