C147 - Picking a Fight

“I remember that the Rhinoceros Beast King’s father passed away a long time ago.” The Ape Beast King said. He had a good relationship with the Rhinoceros Beast King and knew some things about his family.

“I wonder who that person from the Big Bear Tribe is.” The Tiger Beast King added.

“That Big Bear Tribe is really quite interesting. They even drove a Beast King out of their tribe.”

“Are they looking down on Beast Kings? They’re a little too proud!”

“There must be something unique about this Big Bear Tribe for the Rhinoceros Beast King to think so highly of them.”

The Beast Kings chatted amongst themselves as they walked over to the market. Other than discussing the Big Bear Tribe, they naturally also spoke about Shi Li.

“That Shi Li became a Beast King at a young age. I thought he would be full of vigor and be brave enough to fight. Unexpectedly…” The Tiger Beast King was a little disdainful when he spoke about Shi Li.

They had all thought that a young Beast King like Shi Li would be full of youth and vigor and would love to fight, but unexpectedly, that hadn’t been the case.

Before, the Rhinoceros Beast King had challenged him once prior to going out and looking for his son. Yesterday, he had confronted him again, but Shi Li had ended up retreating twice before him.

It was a bit shameful that a young man like him would cherish his life more than this group of old men.

The others all nodded agreement with the Tiger Beast King’s words.

The number of Beast Kings was very limited, and everyone’s strength was similar. Although they competed with each other, they all had good relationships. Originally, when a new Beast King had emerged, they had also wanted to get to know the new person, but in the end, Shi Li was very arrogant and even put on airs in front of them while currying favor with the Beast God Temple.

They didn’t like such a person much at all, so they hadn’t bothered to pay attention to him. However, at the same time, they felt that although this person hadn’t seen much of the world, he was at least arrogant and unyielding. Yet what was the result?

He didn’t even dare to fight!

It also happened that they ran into Shi Li and Shen Yue while they were speaking about him.

“Where is everyone going?” Shen Yue immediately greeted the Beast Kings politely when she saw them.

“We’re going to the market to take a look.” The Tiger Beast King replied.

“What a coincidence, we’re going there too.” Shen Yue fell into step beside the Beast Kings very naturally and spoke respectfully.

Shi Li was a little dissatisfied with Shen Yue when he saw her like this–Shen Yue seemed to be lowering herself too much in his eyes.

Why did Shen Yue need to please others like this when they had the Beast God Temple backing them?

Shi Li felt dissatisfied inside and no longer looked at Shen Yue, moving his gaze to the market in the distance instead.