C83 - Joining

The slaves of the Giant Tiger Tribe had just entered the Big Bear Tribe when they were already discovered. They had been noticed by Xiong Ye, who had led his people out to go hunting.

Xiong Ye was actually a little confused when he suddenly saw such a large group of people–where had all these people come from? What did they want to do?

He should’ve been a little wary, but these people looked so miserable. They were all scratched up, wounded, and thin to the point of starvation–not only that, many of these people didn’t even have a proper piece of animal hide wrapped around their bodies.

When faced with a group of people like this, he couldn’t even work up the urge to be on guard… He sent someone to inform the priest even as he asked the people who had appeared, “Who are you?”

These slaves had spent a long time in the Giant Tiger Tribe and not only had they suffered from brutal oppression, they hadn’t been allowed to show even the slightest hint of rebellion. Now that Xiong Ye asked them this, they immediately shared their story. They even knelt down in front of Xiong Ye, “Lord, please don’t kill us…”

Xiong Ye: “…..” Why would I kill you?

“Follow me back to the tribe.” Xiong Ye finally said. He didn’t know what he was supposed to do with these people, so he might as well bring them back to the tribe.

He knew that the tribe was short on people, but he wasn’t sure if so many people would be a little too much…

Hearing that Xiong Ye was willing to bring them back to the tribe, these people were all overjoyed, “Thank you Lord, thank you!”

This man was willing to bring them back to his tribe. Did that mean that he didn’t mean to kill them? Or perhaps, even if he planned to kill them, he didn’t plan to kill all of them?

That was great!

Hope ignited in these people’s hearts, and they began to whisper to each other, “We… Is it possible that we’ll be able to live on?”

“Will they give us food to eat?”

“Even if they don’t give us meat, maybe they would still give us some vegetables?”

……

They had had no meat to eat within the Giant Tiger Tribe and could only eat a variety of vegetables. That was bad enough, but the people of the Giant Tiger Tribe would also berate them, and some members of the tribe would torture them for enjoyment.

They didn’t even dare hope that they would be able to eat their fill now. They only wanted to be fed something, anything, no matter what the food was, and not get beaten.

Most of the people in the group felt this way, but Hou Shi’s woman was tugging on Hou Shi’s sleeve, “Hou Shi, ask him… How is our baby doing?”

Hou Shi replied, “We’ll talk about it later. We’ll be able to see little Hou when we get to the tribe. There’s no need to be anxious.”

Hou Shi’s woman nodded. They had encountered the people of the hunting team first. Xiong Ye was alright, but Zhu Zhan who was standing beside Xiong Ye was really too tall. He was even taller than Hu Tian, which led to the new people fearing him subconsciously. Because of this, even though she wanted to inquire for news about her son, she didn’t dare to speak up out of fear of being beaten.