C37 - Awakening

Zhou Ji didn’t believe in the Beast God, and after the Beast God Sacrifice this time, he was even less likely to believe in such a thing.

However, the tribespeople believed, as did Xiong Ye.

Xiong Ye believed in the Beast God and thought that the Beast God was real, yet he still said that he was willing to give up half of his life for him during the Beast God Sacrifice…

Zhou Ji looked at Xiong Ye and smiled.

When the apocalypse had just hit during his previous life, he had still been a university student. He was good at learning and had begun his education from a young age, so his heart had been full of all kinds of grand, brilliant ideas.

At the time, he had felt that everyone would unite and fight together against such natural disasters.

Then, reality had fiercely slapped him across his face.

His plant abilities had awakened very early on. At that time, the environmental pollution hadn’t been very serious, and all the plants that he had produced were edible. He had also tried his best and put all his efforts into producing plants for everyone to eat, exhausting his energy every day.

And then, not only was he caught and sold, he was also locked up and forced to grow plants every day.

The one who betrayed him was his fellow female classmate from elementary school who had ‘liked’ him together with his good friends.

In fact, there were many touching events that took place during the end of the world. There were many people who had given up their own lives in order to ensure that others could live on, but he hadn’t encountered any of that.

Nor did he have any such thoughts.

What he saw more of was humanity’s base nature at the critical moment between life and death.

After all, the apocalypse was the genuine end of the world, and human beings had almost gone extinct by the very end.

He had never thought back then that he would still have a chance to live leisurely and even get married until he transmigrated into this world.

During the first month and a half after he transmigrated, he hadn’t been the least bit interested in integrating into this tribe at all. Yet, on a certain day, Xiong Ye had suddenly given him a piece of Lesothosaurus meat, Shi Li suddenly broke off his engagement, and Xiong Ye’s original life trajectory turned a corner, causing his own life’s trajectory to also shift and change.

He liked this kind of unexpected occurrence.

Xiong Ye was still thanking the Beast God, and his words were extraordinarily simple, “Beast God, thank you! I’ll definitely find you the best offerings in the future!”

Zhou Ji: “……” The Beast God doesn’t even exist. If he was going to put in the work, Xiong Yemight as well find him something to eat instead…

Although Zhou Ji had those thoughts, he didn’t say them out loud. Instead, he prayed piously just like the people around them.

He previously had always felt that Xiong Ye had chosen him in order to make Shi Li angry. Now, it seemed that it hadn’t been like that. Since that was the case, he would treat Xiong Ye even better in the future.

He wouldn’t make the same mistakes as Shi Li.

Since there was someone who treated him with a sincere heart, he would never hurt the other party no matter what. He would only try his best to protect this heart and this person.

He wanted Xiong Ye to treat him like this for the rest of their lives.

The people of the tribe prayed for a long time, but eventually, everyone had trouble kneeling any longer. At this point, the priest, who was still dressed in a robe that was made up of pieces of dinosaur leather in various different colors, spoke up, “The Beast God Sacrifice is over. In the new year, the Beast God will bless our tribe and ensure that we will live better and better!”