Chapter 40 - Charity event

Y/N's POV

Leaning forward, I put on the last layer of mascara, looking at myself in the mirror. I take in a shuddering breath, hands smoothing down the garment of the silk dress that Lizzie's friend picked out for me.

The dress hugs my figure nicely, not too tight around the waist but still highlighting my curves. My hair is straightened over my back, gold jewelry giving the outfit the finishing touches.

I take a last look in the mirror before stepping out of the bathroom. "I'm finished if you want to- oh." I breathe out as I look at her, my lips parting at the sight.

With a grin, she turns around, looking down on her dress and back up at me

With a grin, she turns around, looking down on her dress and back up at me. I gulp, mouth suddenly feeling awfully dry, my heart missing a beat or two. "You...You look beautiful."

"You don't look bad yourself." Lizzie teases, walking closer to give me a peek on the lips, laughing at my stunned expression. "Even though I think I would prefer you in a suit. You must look so handsome in one."

I gulp, trying to get my thoughts straight again, but the woman before me doesn't make it easy for me. "So why couldn't I wear a suit?"

Lizzie sighs. "Because of the people who still think women can't wear anything else besides a stupid dress. All those guests are rather old-fashioned in the wrong way."

Her hands push my hair behind my shoulders, smirking as her eyes trail over my skin up to my face again. "Secondly, I believe you'd be seen as a competition for all those men who feel attacked in their manliness."

"You think so?" My smile widens, one arm sneaking around her waist while the other remains behind my back.

"Darling, I know it," she responds, "Besides, I can't have those other women stare at you for too long if they come to the realization that you look so much better than their partner."

"Really? I would actually like the attention. You know it's somehow flattering being viewed like that."

Lizzie shakes her head, tilting it to the side while clicking her tongue. "Is my attention for you not flattering enough?"

I hum. "I'm not sure."

"If that's so." Her fingers brush down my neck, over my shoulders and down my backside, shivers trailing down my spine. "It seems like I need to put more effort in showing you just how much-" Lizzie leans forward, lips grazing my ear before she gently bites down on my earlobe. "I want you."

My body shudders, swallowing hard as I close my eyes for a moment, composing myself. The urge to rip that dress off to ravish her is strong, and I clench my fingers to stop myself from just pressing her against the nearest wall.

Lizzie chuckles, leaning back a bit to take in my flushed state. "Someone seems turned on."

"When you whisper those things in my ear, it's no surprise." I groan, trying to sound serious, but my amused eyes give me away.