Chapter 31 - Coffee date

Y/N's POV

After my last class I walk to the parking lot, searching for her car and find it at the end.
The last few courses were the worst lessons I ever had to sit through, suffering in my seat, trying to ease the hotness in my blood.

James noticed of course, but I blamed it on my stomach ache, telling him that I'll see the nurse after school. He offered to come along, which I declined.

I quickly jump into the passenger seat, not greeting her and pull the door shut with a loud thud.

Taking a swift look around the area, I search for any prying eyes. Only a few cars are parked at the opposite side of the parking lot, no students roaming this side of the campus.

Sure that no one is anywhere near us, I turn around to face her, her eyebrows raising in question, an amused expression in her eyes. I lean forward, kissing her hard, the desire from before still present in my bones.

Lizzie sighs against my lips, clearly surprised, but she doesn't break the kiss, leaning closer to lay her hand at the back of my neck. Her warm hand against my cold skin makes my breath hitch.

After a few seconds, she leans back, staring at me with slightly dilated pupils, making a groan escape my lips.

"Missed me that much, darling?" Lizzie chuckles, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear that must've fallen out of my bun.

"Don't be so coy about it," I grumble, "These last few lessons were the most horrible hours of my life, all thanks to you."

"I'm sorry about that." Lizzie laughs, settling back into her seat. "If it makes you feel better, I missed you too."

"I sure hope so," I scoff.

"Still want to drive to the café? You know, we could also do other things...at my place." She suggests, her whispery voice settling my skin on fire. Not again.

I shake my head, pushing the rising thoughts of the idea into the back of my mind. Knowing that we probably have a lot more time later on, hoping this thing would last longer than just a few days, I decline. "As much as I love this idea, I want to spend time with you. And what better way than to grab a coffee?"

Lizzie clicks her tongue. "Your loss, darling. But yes, coffee sounds perfect."

"Don't think I won't catch up on your suggestion later. The day is still long", I smile, "Shall we?"

A soft giggle leaves her mouth. "I suppose we shall."

~

"The usual coffee?" I ask, standing in line at the bar, waiting to order.

"Yes." She hums, a small smile on her lips. "I'll wait over there."

Lizzie walks to a small table at the end of the café by the window with a lovely view over the park. After I receive the two cups, I walk to the table, placing the coffee down and taking a seat opposite of her.

She leans over the table, elbows resting on the surface, her chin placed on one hand. "So tell me something about you that I don't know yet."

"Mmh, let me think." I furrow my brows in thought and smile when I come up with something. "I can play the piano. One thing I'm actually good at, if I might add."

"You can?" She chuckles, raising a brow. "Didn't think of you as a gifted kid?"

I roll my eyes dramatically. "Just because I'm not the brightest doesn't mean I can't do anything."

"Your words, not mine," Lizzie teases.

"So what about you? What's something I should know about you?"