61 - Lesson

Alison
***

The first thing I noticed was the soft orange glow coming from inside the room. On further inspection, I noticed four lit candles, two on each bedside table, creating an inviting atmosphere. No other lights were on in the room, and I knew Chris wouldn't want me to turn them on.

That was when the scent of the candles hit me, and I literally gasped.

Lilac scented candles.

The whole room was engulfed in this soft aroma, blanketing it with safety and reassurance. The candles served two purposes: number one, to make the atmosphere inviting, romantic, sensual, dark but still with a little light, and number two, to remind me at all times that I was safe.

The calmness that rushed over me from the lit candles soon dissipated when I saw what Chris actually wanted me to see.

There, resting on the bed neatly, equally spread apart, were four of Chris' ties he wore for work.

He wanted me to tie them to myself, I was sure.

I drew in a shaky breath. He was going to tie me to his bed just like I tied him down before. Remembering that night wasn't very pleasant even though we managed to sort things out. My mind was fixated on that memory of Chris saying the safe word, sending terror through my body.

That was why he lit the candles. He didn't want me to remember my mistake. He wanted to redo that night, but this time he'd be in control.

I couldn't fucking wait.

I got to work on the ties, first tying them around my ankles and them my wrists. I knew he'd want me to tie them securely, so I did my best to make strong knots. When I tried to knot the other end of the ties to the legs of the bed and the headboard, I couldn't reach them.

I just sat on the edge of the bed and waited for Chris to come. I knew not to call him, he'd come when he wanted to. He wanted me to wait a little bit, fantasize about what he'd do to me, let the excitement and nervousness build.

My ears perked up when I heard his footsteps getting closer. I tried to control my breathing, but to no avail. He took his sweet time walking down that rather short corridor just to tease me.

When he finally opened the door, I lifted my head to him. His eyes met mine as he sipped on a glass filled to the brim with water. He didn't say a word, not once breaking eye contact. He placed the glass down on top of the waist-high dresser, the sound of the glass hitting the wood filling the silence.

I was hugging my body from the cold. I felt exposed and small. I didn't dare break the silence because I still had no idea what he planned on doing and he could punish me if he wanted to.

At last he came closer to me. He bent down in front of my legs, resting on one knee. Gently, he took my wrists and made me open my arms, resting them on my side so I wasn't closed up. He ran his thumb over my bottom lip while his other hand caressed my thigh.

"I knew you were a smart girl." He whispered, looking at my wrists. "That's exactly what I wanted you to do baby."

I gulped and nodded, relieved that I got it right. He pecked a sweet kiss on my lower lip. The proximity of his body made me feel warmer.