- DARK ABYSS -

This must be a terrible dream...

I saw the world slowly enshrouded and vanquished right before my eyes. The blithesome lights that brightly shine throughout the day was completely devoured and dominantly possessed by the ghastly siege of dark.

I'm dumbfounded while moving my eyes around. It's awfully bleak and spine chilling like I'm in the middle of the burial ground. This endless space of nothingness was hauntingly grim and sepulchral.

I tried to use my enhanced sight but it was futile. There's nothing in sight even just a single filament of light. The air was compressed and felt absolutely dense. Though the flow of air was a little bit smothering but nonetheless I still able to—

Oh, I'm still breathing...

Where am I?

Next thing I know, I realized that I've been spinning and drifting all along. My body felt totally weightless and I'm not sure of my motions anymore whether if I'm veering or wheeling upside down.

What am I doing here?

This wretched infinite confinement was perilously dark and extremely disturbing in some of my senses.

I could guess but not really sure— this place seems like the same limbo when Lady Hanaya and me being hauled when we jumped off at the cliff. We were being shoved inside this similar pit of emptiness and were pulled by a strong current of force that brought us straight to the marble floors of the grand hall. But now, it's seemingly different since I'm just floating upside down and there's no more course or any force at all.

This must be a dream or a nightmare. Or perhaps my soul was temporarily drifting in this dark limbo for a short given period of time. Maybe the deities can't decide yet whether to rest my soul in peace or send me off to the nether realm.

As I felt myself drifting from this lurid abyss and contemplating whether if I'm already dead or just dreaming, my mind was spinning and boggling from trying to hark back every afflicting words Lord Ronin had uttered. Because of excessive bodily distress from the intense force of his voice, I wasn't able to absorb all his imprecating words as I already felt my ears oozed with blood from severe damage and ruptures.

Why Lord Ronin adjudged me his divine chastisement? I can't fully fathom what kind of mortal sin did I commit for him to condemned me and punished me to death. He execrated my whole existence as if I'm the most conniving creature he strongly despised.

Because of you, a deity of spring has to perish...

This line seemed clearer and easier to recall.

But what in heaven's sense was the meaning of that? It was bothering, given the fact that maybe I'm dead and I'll never be able to ask why he loathed me so much. Was it because he already knew that I despised him countless times? That I've wished he lost his way wherever he was so he couldn't be able to come back? That I already know his true—

"Yenaery..."

The deafening silence of this immeasurable and bottomless pit must've mussed my brain to hear that faint voice.

"Yenaery..."

I stopped. I tilted my head to hear some more. I think this time I'm not mistaken, I do really hear that faint voice— that soft whisper sounds like a light years away... It sounds so vague and faraway as if it was just blown and carried by the air from a far-flung distance.

"Yenaery, wake up..."

Wake up? That voice was probably just inside my muddled head.