Chapter 66 True Wishes

No one's POV

After leaving Maruki's Palace, Nhazul had returned home and went up to his room and saw Morgana sitting on the couch.

Morgana: Welcome home. You sure were out late. Your sister already left to go to her hotel.

Nhazul: Oh...

Nhazul's phone then started ringing and he picked it up and it was Akechi.

Akechi: It's me. I discovered something I thought I should tell you right away.

Nhazul: What is it?

Akechi: I called Sumire's house to see what I'd learn, and they believe she's been at "training camp " since yesterday. To think Maruki really is changing our physical reality as he sees fit...

Nhazul: Yeah...I'm still trying to wrap my head around it...

Akechi: In all honestly, I agree. Unfortunately, it's the truth of the matter. Even the great Phantom Thieves you're so proud of fell in line with his scheme.

Nhazul: ...

Akechi: You're going to see if you can change their minds, aren't you?

Nhazul: Yeah, I am...

Akechi: Well, fine. I suppose we can use the manpower...If you can actually bring them to their senses, that is. That's wholly dependent on whether or not they're capable of leaving the  reality they supposedly wished for. I'll focus on investigating Maruki further. You do what you need to.

Nhazul: Right...

Nhazul then hung up and Morgana spoke up.

Morgana: Was that Akechi? You two seem to be getting along well lately. But I was thinking. Why don't use Phantom Thieves all go to a hot spring together. We can even invite your sister to come with us.

Nhazul didn't say anything and thought back to what Maruki said.

(Flashback)

Maruki: Rather then explain it with words, I'd like you to actually see this new reality with your own eyes. I know that your friends are already enjoying it, Nhazul. And I know you will too now that you're family is alive.

(Present)

Nhazul: ...

Nhazul's thoughts: I guess this is what Morgana really wished for...

Morgana: I'm going to hit the hay for today.

Nhazul: Hey, can I ask you something?

Morgana: What is it?

Nhazul: Are you happy?

Morgana looked at Nhazul confused.

Morgana: Am I happy? Where's that coming from?

Nhazul: Just curious is all.

Morgana: Well...Yeah, I'd say I'm happy.

Nhazul: So you like this reality?

Morgana: Like reality? Well, it is the one we fought for with everyone else, so-

Morgana then looked confused and held his head.

Morgana: Wait...What did I mean by...?  That doesn't sound right... I got captured in Kamoshida's Palace, and that's when I met, you, Ryuji and-Wait, wasn't there someone else...?

Nhazul saw Morgana struggling and he walked over to his bed.

Nhazul: Keep thinking it through, bud.