Chapter Seven

I woke up with the worst headache ever. My head is pounding so hard that even my eyes hurt. I rub my index fingers against my temples.

This is my first hangover in three years. And it feels worse than before.

I sit up in the cream covers of my bed. I throw my legs off the side of the bed and sit up. Ugh, can my head just go away for a while and come back when it's feeling better?

It took me a while to register the events of yesterday. And now I feel horrible for yelling at Abhimanyu. But he was just throwing insults at me and couldn't help but let the anger get the best of me.

I was just about to make my way to the bathroom, but something caught my eye. Breakfast was placed on the table beside my bed with water, an aspirin, and a note.

Off to work, will be back by dinner. I informed the driver to get your car back from the club.

Don't get out of the house.

-Abhimanyu

Who does he think he is? First, he says he hates me and then he commands me not to go out of the house.

Ugh! My head hurts.

I looked at my bags placed near my walk-in closet. I let them be there.

I took aspirin after having my breakfast. And now I'm lying on my bed trying to sleep again. I hope it will ease my headache. But I can't sleep.

He said he hates me, then he comes to find me only to insult me. I really want to know why he hates me. Maybe he is just blaming me for this marriage stuff. The Abhimanyu I knew in college was different. He never used to judge anyone. He was always nice to everyone. Although I never talked to him, Maya used to always update me about all gossip related to Abhimanyu. Stuff like how he turned down another girl or how he helped some stranger. But this Abhimanyu is completely different.

I don't remember when I dozed off.

I woke up later in the afternoon and decided to have a hot shower. I put all my clothes back in my closet and decided to do one thing Abhimanyu asked me not to do just to piss him off. I am disobedient I know but he should know no one commands me like that.

I wear a plain black top and jeans; I put on some mascara and pull my hair into a high ponytail. Grab my handbag, keys to cars, and Abhimanyu's mansion's key. I know it's my house too after marriage, but I don't feel like it's my house. I sit in the car and start to drive only to be stopped by the gatekeeper.