Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter 35:

Ishita's POV:

Once Vivek was out of sight I looked back at my plate, there was more than half of it still left and I am already full. This is why you don't order too much. But I wanted to have variety since I missed my breakfast and lunch. I don't want to waste the food and I can't eat anymore. I look at Abhimanyu trying to listen what he is saying but failing at it. We were talking about the new branding team he is planning to create but halfway in the conversation I lost interest or you can say something else occupied my mind which is How am I going to finish all this food that too alone. I tried offering some to Abhimanyu and he just had a bite of pulao.

"You are so stubborn" I heard me say

Huh... where did that come from?

"What do you mean?"

"I know you have been full even before you offered me the food but being the stubborn ass you are can't accept that out loud can you?"

"Um... I don't want to waste food." I say and take one more bite forcefully.

"Waiter" Abhimanyu said and completely ignoring me

"Yes, sir"

"Can you get all the food packed for me?" Oh right, why didn't I think of this. Your brain was focused on your stomach. Right.

"Sure sir" the waiter took all the food from the table.

"See no waste now, we can just give it reheat and have it for lunch tomorrow."

"Thank you" my stomach is more thankful than I am to be honest but he doesn't need to know that. Something in his behaviour switched from today evening, he had been bearable this entire evening. He had nothing but a ass since he married me and today was no different when he spoke rudely to me in the conference room and than when he assigned me tons of work. Shit, I completely forgot about the work I was supposed to finish today itself.

"Will you be going to office now?" I asked him since he usually works till late I assumed that is where he would be going

"No, we are going to our home"

"No, you go home. I'll take cab for office there is still time before my shift ends. Hopefully I'll be able to complete the task you assigned me in the afternoon."

"No need you are coming to home with me. It's your first day so it's okay if you leave early."

"Please, I don't want you to treat me any different from all the other employees just because I am your wife."

"I am not treating you any different. Infact I was doing that in the morning but not now."

"What do you mean?"

"I have been extra mean to you which was not required and the work I assigned you is not due till next week and you have already completed most of it. So you can get back to it once you come to work tomorrow."

"Okay, if you say so"

I don't understand the 180 degree turn Abhimanyu has taken but I'll cannot say that I am not happy. Don't jinx it, you know how he is. He can get from hot to cold in a matter of seconds. True, I just hope that he doesn't turn back to his old self too soon.

All my thinking came to a halt the moment I felt him holding my hands. Abhimanyu is holding my hands Fu*k. His hands are warm and engulfs my hand completely. We walked hand in hand to the exit and waited for the valet to come back with his car.

Once his car came back we drive home in silence. All the while I cannot help but think back to what he said

We are going to our home. Our Home. Is it really my home as well? I am not sure. But I know that I am starting to feel like it is. I will have to talk to Abhimanyu I need to know if he has changed his mind about leaving me in 6 months or not. If he has than I'll have to tell him everything. But he wouldn't have changed his mind right? At this point I am not sure if I want him to or not, change his mind that is.