Chapter Twenty-three

Chapter 23

* Ishita's POV:

I was in Abhimanyu's room, getting ready for dinner. I decided to wear a light blue saree. I was halfway through dressing when the sound of the bedroom door opening startled me. Turning around, I confronted Abhimanyu..

"Don't you know how to knock?" I inquired, quickly covering myself with the saree fabric.

"It's my room, and besides, you should have locked the door. I don't always knock when entering my own room," he retorted.

"Ah, the master of the room, I see. Just a little courtesy for your temporary roommate wouldn't hurt," I fired back, flashing a sarcastic smile. "But then again, I guess chivalry is dead. You should know that I don't enjoy sharing this room with you.So you should still knock, considering our arrangement," I encountered. I am not lying I really like his room. I just don't him here. If only I could have this entirely to myself.

Lost in my thoughts, I barely noticed Abhimanyu leaving the room. Assuming he had departed, I resumed pleating my saree. However, my concentration was broken when Abhimanyu reappeared, this time emerging from the closet. Exasperated, I turned away once more, clutching the fabric tightly.

"Are you serious? What is your problem?" I snapped, feigning annoyance.

"I only went into the closet to get my clothes. It's not like I had any ulterior motives," he defended

"Please, just leave so I can peacefully wear this saree. It's challenging enough as it is," I pleaded, pretending to shoo him away.

"You can wear something else then," he suggested.

I retorted, not wanting to face criticism from his Buaji, "Oh, so you want me to endure more taunts from your Buaji, huh?"

He quickly clarified, "No, I was just suggesting an alternative."

"Well, I don't want your suggestions. Could you please go now?" I insisted.

He put his hand up in surrender and made his way to the bathroom.

After a few minutes, I heard a knock from inside the bathroom, followed by Abhimanyu's voice.

A few minutes later, I heard a knock from inside the bathroom, followed by Abhimanyu's voice, "Are you finished? I'm coming out."

"Yes, I'm done. You can come out," I replied while carefully applying my kajal. The door to the bathroom opened, revealing Abhimanyu in nothing but a towel. My heart raced as I looked at his toned physique. My husband is undeniably attractive. What's happening to me? Did I just think that?

"Um... Ishita?"

Startled, I stammered, "Y-yes?"

"I asked, can you pass me my shirt? It's on the table next to the dressing table."

"Yeah, sure... here," I said, while passing him his towel.

He took his clothes and disappeared into the closet. After a while, he came back wearing a white shirt, navy blue pants, and carrying a matching jacket.

"You're wearing this for dinner?" I unintentionally blurted out. I mentally scolded myself for my lack of filter.

"Why? Is there a problem?" Abhimanyu questioned, slightly taken aback,

"I mean, you're wearing this for dinner! Nice,"I quickly altered my tone to make it sound like a compliment. I turned towards the mirror and started applying lipstick, not giving him a chance to respond.

Once I was done, I checked my appearance. "I'm ready, let's go," I announced, looking at Abhimanyu and finding him looking at me with some strange emotion in his eyes, as if he was looking at me with adoration. That couldn't be right, could it? After all, I've heard him express his hatred towards me on multiple occasions.

I cleared my throat, and he straightened up. "I said I'm ready, let's go," I repeated.

"Yeah, let's go." he replied, his gaze lingering on me for a moment before we headed out together.