Chapter Thirty-Nine

Abhimanyu's POV

"So, you all already know the rules of this game, we will each take a turn to describe something they have not done like 'never have I ever kissed a girl' and people who have will have to take a shot. But there will be a twist to this game, you get to ask one person of your choice to tell the story or detail of whatever you have asked on your turn." Mysha explained the rule.

"Okay, who'll go first?"

"Suresh, you start since you were the one who suggested play," Vedh answered Suresh's question. From his looks, you can tell he regretted those words.

"Okay, so never have I ever played this game with my boss." No one raised their glass, and Suresh was clearly embarrassed with the question. But the game went on.

I had all my attention to the questions and Ishita's responses to them. I was even noticing her reactions, little expressions she unknowingly let slip like when someone said something about going on a date with a loser, she had this expression which clearly gave away that she was embarrassed for admitting it and I wanted to know the details. But more than that I was intrigued by her reaction when that girl, Kashvi, Kashish whatever her name was said something about losing someone they loved. I noticed how Ishita secretly had two shots for it.

So far no one has asked her for any details, but I was making a mental note to ask them later by casually slipping them into conversation later.

"Never have I ever kept my feelings a secret from someone I like," Vedh said looking at Khayati. Everyone on the table was quiet and no one made any move for their shots for a moment. Then Khayati and Ishita both took a shot each avoiding eye contact, Khayati from Vedh and Ishita from Me? Could it be that she likes me secretly?

I had a shot at that question and soon everyone's eyes were on me as it was my first shot in this game. It's not like I have not done anything interesting in life but all their question were plain stupid. Like never have I ever lied about my age to impress someone, like who even does that? I certainly don't.

"Who is it, Khayati?" Vedh asked, his voice vulnerable. Not that anyone on this table would notice but he has been my friend too long for me to miss it. And from the look on Ishita's face, she didn't miss it either.

"Just someone, you know" Khayati replied, it was clear that she didn't want to talk about it from the way she said it. Everyone could sense the tension on the table.

"I guess it's my turn," Ishita said since she was sitting next to Vedh and we were going in circles.

"Umm... Never have I ever used a pickup line to flirt with someone." I know she asked this to lighten up the room. She is the person who senses other people's emotion and try her best to make them feel better when they are upset. That is why people love her instantly or sometimes even get jealous of her.

She looked at me with amusement when I took the shot.

"Oh, we would love to know the pickup line Abhimanyu Sir" I knew this was coming.

"One of my friends told me girls hate oral, do you wanna help me prove him wrong?" she looked at me with wide eyes and noticeable blush, making it clear that she got what I just said to her. I might have intentionally said it looking her in the eyes.

"Never have I ever had a relationship" Khayati and Vedh were looking at each other like they were having their own conversation.

No one had drink for this round but it was clear that she didn't say it for people to drink it was rather a statement made for someone.

"It's your turn, Abhimanyu, I mean Sir," Mysha said.

She might have done something to upset Ishita as she has been annoyed by her presence throughout the night.

"Never have I ever cheated on someone" I looked at Ishita and how she never took the shot which made me angry. How could she not drink to this? I know for a fact that she cheated. She cheated on me. 

Author's Note:

So it's finally here, the reason Abhimanyu (Rohan) hates Ishita (Shanaya). 

Also, why do you think Ishita had double shots for 'losing someone you loved' round? 

Now, I want to say thank you for all the love you gave to Abhimanyu and Ishita. Your support means a lot to me. However, I have a small request, especially for those silent readers out there. Would you mind sparing a moment to give this story a vote and perhaps leave a comment? Your thoughts and feedback are like fuel for my writing journey.

So, to each and every one of you, what's your take on this? Can you help me continue this writing adventure with your votes and thoughts?

Happy Reading!!