Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter 49:

Ishita's POV:

After my initial doubt settled and Abhimanyu's laughter died, we enjoyed dinner. For some reason, I never went back to my original seat and was seated next to him throughout dinner. We were sitting too close and there were small but cute random touches that were innocent but had my heart on a roller coaster whenever it happened.

Talking and laughing with Abhimanyu come naturally now. I can't believe we are the same person who didn't talk throughout the day and whenever we did it was to insult the other person. Well, I was the one who was majorly insulted but still, you get the picture. But now our dynamics have changed, from afar you'll even say that we look like a goofy couple. But I believe we are just two people trying to make the worst situation better.

Getting married as a part of a business deal was not easy but I am glad we have managed to at least build a friendship out of it. I am not sure if we'll be able to maintain this after the secrets comes out but I am sure that I am telling everything to Abhimanyu tomorrow. Tonight I am just going to enjoy my time with him. Maybe it's for the last time before he looks at me differently. 

I was in two minds about this situation, and even now I am not sure if this is a six-month deal or if something has changed, but this secret has been weighing me down for a while now. It was easy before when we hardly used to talk but now seeing the way he treats me I want to know the status of our relationship but before that, I have to tell him the truth.

The sudden break jolts me forward and brings me back from my thoughts

"What is wrong with you? You almost killed us"

"Don't be dramatic, you were too lost in your world to notice me calling you."

"Yeah, sorry. But why did you stop the car? We are not home yet"

"There's a pani puri stall. I thought maybe you would like to eat it with me"

"I am full but there's no way I'll say no to pani puri," I say and Abhimanyu immediately leaves the car but not before asking me to stay in the car. He comes to my side and opens the door for me with a goofy grin plastered on his face.

"You know I have been craving pani puri for a long time now. But with everything going on I was not able to"

"Good thing I noticed this stall then"

"Yes"

"Bhaiya, do plate pani puri dena, ek teekha aur ek main mitha paani milana (Bro, give me two plates of pani puri. One spicy and add sweet water in the other one)

I looked at Abhimanyu and found me looking at me with a shock which was replaced by a smile which made his eyes sparkle the next minute. I don't know what I did but for some reason, he looked happy and something tells me it's because of me and not the pani puri.

I ended up eating one plate of pani puri and one plate sukha puri. And now I am glutted.

We head to our respective rooms once we reach home and after an hour of trying to sleep, I give up and walk out of my room assuming that a walk-in garden might help.

As soon as I reach the stairs, I notice the lights to Abhimanyu's office are turned on. Assuming he is awake, I make my way to him.

Once I reach there, I spot him seated behind the computer, intermittently sipping whiskey from a glass neatly resting on his desk. I can't help but notice the meticulous detail – he's using a coaster instead of placing the glass directly on the table. After spending considerable time with him, it's become clear that he values order and precision in his surroundings. Perhaps it's a desire for control over his environment, or maybe there's a touch of perfectionism to keep things just right.

"You really need to learn how to take a break" Abhimanyu looks up from his computer with a smile on his face.

"Seems like you have taken that responsibility on yourself" he replied and leaned back on the chair and took another sip from his Wishkey glass. For a moment, I get lost in the way his Adam's apple bobs, a subtle and mesmerizing motion that captivates my attention.

"Yes, so now you have to come with me" I walk towards him and pull him by his hands forcing him to get up and walk with me.

"Okay, but where are we going?" he says while I drag him with him. It was not like he was resisting.

"You are yet to give me a tour of this house, we can start with the bar area so even I can have a drink" he just laughs and follows me.

He heads to the bar cabinet and grabs a bottle of whiskey. When he glances my way, raising an eyebrow to check if it's alright, I just nod. Without a word, he pours me a glass, and then proceeds to refill his own before handing my glass over to me.

"Why were you still working?" I ask him to initiate a conversation while taking up the chair opposite him.

"I was just looking at a few emails that I had to respond to before going to bed."

"Oh, the emails you left unanswered to show me how important I am"

"It was not to show you anything, but yes those emails and some new that I received"

"Now, you are just making me feel guilty for asking you to leave your work," I say ignoring the butterflies.

"You don't have to. It makes me happy that you asked me to do it. It shows that you feel some rights on me." See, this. These things he tells me like it is no big deal but they release butterflies in my stomach. He leaves me speechless everytime saying things like these.

"Why are you still awake?" I heard him saying and had to force myself to calm down before saying

"Couldn't sleep" I reply with a shrug of shoulders and take another sip. 

We have two more glasses of Wishkey before he takes my hand and takes me on a long pending tour of the house.

Author's Note:

There is going to be a steamy chapter soon, I am yet to decide how detailed the chapter is going to be but I am excited to see the relationship of Abhimanyu and Ishita growing!!

If you guys like my work please follow me... it would mean a lot to me!!

Don't forget to vote, share and comment.

Happy Reading!!