Chapter Twenty-Four

As we stepped into the restaurant, the host greeted us with a warm smile and escorted us to our table.

It was a table in the corner with comfortable sofa-type seating on opposite sides. Bua ji made her comfortable on the right side of the table. I don't want to sit with Abhimanyu but I don't want to sit next to Buaji as well.

Hoping that Abhimanyu would sit next to Buaji I sat diagonally to Bua ji.

Maa took the seat next to Buaji before Roahn could sit, much to my dismay. Leaving only one seat for Abhimanyu, next to me.

Once we were all seated. The waiter came to greet us and handed us the menus.

I started going through the menu and was struggling between a Burger and a Pizza. Before I could make up my mind I heard Buaji gasping "Hey Bhagwan"

Looking up from my menu I tried to understand what was going on.

"Abhimanyu, this restaurant serves non-veg. How can you bring us here? You could have asked me to leave politely if it was a trouble for Ishita to cook for us" How come she is putting it all on me?

"B-b-buaji, Maa... I don't know how this happened. I specifically told my secretary to make a reservation in a pure veg restaurant. And it is my first time coming to this restaurant so I was not aware that they serve non-veg as well. It's not Ishita's fault." Abhimanyu tried to explain himself.

"Didi, see Abhimanyu is saying na it was a mistake. Let it go" Maa tried to interject.

"If you say so" Just then the waiter comes along bringing the order for the table next to us. Carrying the chicken which makes Buaji go all green. I really wanted to laugh looking at her face but scared to hear more taut from I controlled it.

Buaji rushed towards the exit like she had seen a ghost we all followed closely after her.

"Shashi, pack our bags. We are leaving right now." Buaji declared.

"Didi, let it go na. Abhimanyu and Ishita both have apologized to you" Maa tried to reason with her.

It's true I had to apologize to her in the car when we were coming back from the restaurant. I don't understand why she was angry at me. I had not made any reservations nor did I have any idea about the dinner reservations. I just wanted to avoid the drama.

"It was all for show. Look at your daughter-in-law's face, does she look apologetic to you? I told you that she should not be married to Abhimanyu. Look at how evil she is. She did all this so that she could get back at me for making her prepare dinner for us"

"Didi"

"What Didi? You should control your wife Abhimanyu not let her control you. I know for sure that she is the one to ask you to make that reservation. Girls like her do not have any morals. She doesn't even know how to respect elders. If she would have married my son..."

"Well thank god I didn't... I don't know him but If he is half as bad as you I really pity the girl he'll marry. I don't mean any disrespect Buaji, but before asking for respect you should learn to respect not just your elders but younger as well." saying this I leave the room.