A purchase and dinner!

Lucas is the first person to talk. Lucas(L) and Elijah(E) will speak. 

(L) How about we split up? Nathan, Asher, Carter, and I can look at one car Elijah and Luke can look at the other one.

(E) Ok.

All the boys get out of the car and Elijah leads them to the salesperson. They look at both of the cars they take turns. They are the same color, and all the features are the same. They both are right around the same milage with the same warranty. Elijah and Nathan test drive them together and they go in and buy the vehicles. Asher has steered clear of Elijah this whole time. Every time Elijah looks his way Asher puts his head down. Elijah finishes everything up and he gets in one of the cars. Carter decides to be nice and ride with Elijah. Lucas takes the other car and Asher rides with him. Nathan and Luke get in the SUV and they all head back to the house. 

In one car Elijah(E) and Carter(C) talk. 

(C) He is afraid you are mad at him for cleaning. 

(E) I'm not, I was just scared. He had to take so much pain medicine and now he won't even look at me. 

(C) You also didn't say one word to him in the car. You are to blame too. He cried in the backseat just like you did. 

(E) He did?

(C) Yes. 

(E) I will try and talk to him at dinner. 

(C) Ok, I love you.

(E) I love you to little man. 

In the other car Nathan(N) and Luke(Lu) talk.

(N) What happened?

(Lu) Asher did everything today. He cleaned the whole house. He did all of our laundry, he did the bedding, he did the dishes, he swept, he mopped, he cleaned the toilets and the tubs, and he washed all the towels. 

(N) That is sweet. 

(Lu) Yeah, but he took more pain medicine then he was supposed to. He had to have been in pain. Elijah got scared and then he came off as an asshole. Now they won't speak to each other. 

(N) They both cried in the car and every time Elijah looked at Asher, he put his head down. 

(Lu) We have to get them to talk at dinner. 

(N) We can skip dinner if you want. 

(Lu) No, we can get them back to talking. 

(N) Are you sure?

(Lu) I hope so. I hate seeing them both like that. 

(N) They will be ok. 

We swap to the other car and Asher(A) has been silent the whole ride. Lucas(L) wants to ask him some questions. 

(L) Talk to me baby, what is wrong?

(A) I don't know. I tried to help out today. Elijah yelled at me in the shower. He was not nice, and he was mean. 

(L) He was scared. You took more pain medicine than you should have. 

(A) I was only trying to help. 

(L) What made you want to help?

(A) He said I was the best son a dad could ever ask for. Dad told me that before and then I did something wrong down the line. I was just trying to st start off good. 

Asher breaks down crying and Lucas pulls the car over. The other boys go past him, and they pull over. They are waiting to see what is going on. Lucas gets out and opens Asher's door. He pulls him up into a hug standing on the side of the road. All the other boys can hear Asher having a breakdown. Luke rushes back to help Lucas and Nathan rushes up to comfort Elijah. Nathan and Elijah decide to drive to the house. Luke gets in the car and drives while Lucas sits in the back with Asher cuddled up to him crying. They get home and they sit outside for almost twenty minutes. Asher finally calms down and he holds Lucas. Luke has already gone inside and the two of them will talk again.