Chapter 32

(Triggered warning- suicide)

Vivian

I don't know if what I am about to do is right or not. For now, it seems like a better option than anything. I would rather die than go back to prison. I won't live the rest of my life in prison. I am about to consume the poison that I stole from Lizzy. The one that should die is me, not Lizzy.

When Maria said the protection spell was broken, I knew it was the end for us. We will never win against Alpha Theodore. I never wanted to leave like this. I wanted to have a happy family. I wanted to watch my child's first step, speak for the first time, and get married. Now I am here, about to end my life. I have come to the conclusion that I won't have a happy ending in this life. I pray to the Moon Goddess to forgive my sin. I won't be able to tell my family how much I love them.

Samuel was screaming my name, but I won't let him know what I am about to do next. He won't allow me to kill myself. I feel pity for myself. I am here, hiding from everyone, contemplating ending my misery. Without second thought, I consumed the poison. The last thing I saw was Samuel's distressed face before I closed my eyes forever.

My body is aching from a place where I didn't know it was possible to ache. I slowly opened my eyes. I was expecting it to be a bright light welcoming me to the afterlife, but it is dark. I questioned myself about whether I am in the afterlife or not, and then I heard the chuckle, which I had heard before. I looked at the direction of the sound. I knew to whom the chuckle belonged, but at the same time, I wanted my judgment to be wrong. When he came near, I couldn't believe what I said next. "I want you."

I don't know where that comes from. My heart and wolf are yearning to be near Alpha Theodore, but at the same time, my brain is telling me to jump out of the window. I could see the shock in Alpha Theodore's face.

"Did I hear you want me, Vivian? Tell me it is my imagination. I can't believe you said that. I promise you, my love, I will love you till my last breath." Alpha Theodore expressed his feelings, which I wasn't expecting from him. I could see tears in his eyes. He came near to caress my face, but I moved my body. I felt the worst pain in my life.

The pain is coming from my neck region. I bring my hand to my neck to feel the dent in my skin. I was praying it would be just a dent in my skin, not a marking, but deep down I knew it was Alpha Theodore's mark on me. The mark that will tell the world that I belong to only him. I jumped out of bed to find the mirror to confirm my suspicion. When I looked in the mirror, I could see the mark. The mark belongs to Alpha Theodore. I burst into tears when I saw the mark. Now, I belong to him. I can't run away. He came near me, holding my body and drawing a circle around my back.

"I am sorry, my love. I didn't want to mark without your consent, but it was the only way to save you. Please forgive me. I love you." Alpha Theodore expressed his love. I could feel what he was feeling. He is guilty of marking me without my consent. He is genuinely sad about what he did. I could feel his love for me.

"I can feel your pain and hear your thoughts. Is this because you marked me?" I questioned Alpha Theodore. I have heard that when you are marked, you can feel and hear the thoughts of your partner. Alpha Theodore nodded without saying a word.

I was about to speak a word when, all of a sudden, the door opened. I looked at the door, then I saw my family. I pushed Alpha Theodore and ran towards my family. They hold me tight. We cried in each other's arms. It felt like eternity since I had held them.

"We thought we had lost you, Vivian. Why did you do that, my love?" My father asked; he was holding tears in his eyes. I never thought about the consequences of my actions. It was selfish of me to end my misery, but at the same time, I would be creating a void in the lives of my loved ones.

"I don't know why I did it. I am sorry for causing you pain. I will never do that again." I mumbled back, knowing full well that I was lying to my loved ones. I know why I wanted to do it.

"Vivian is still weak. She needs rest. I will be here with her for a night." Alpha Theodore voiced his opinion and insisted that my family go back to their respective rooms so that I could go back to rest.

"What happened to Maria and her people?" I asked him while returning to bed.

"If you are asking if I have killed them, then no. They are alive. No one is hurt. You need to rest for now. We can talk tomorrow." He replied back, pulling my blanket back to my body. I was expecting him to scream at me for asking him whether he killed people, but I didn't expect him to reply in a calm tone.

"Goodnight, Alpha Theodore."

🍀🍀🍀