Chapter 2

Vivian

"No, Vi, you are not going to the Nightfall pack. That's the end of the discussion. We both know that Father will never agree to send you there. If you want further discussion, we can go to Father and Mother to come up with the final decision," Daniel responded firmly.

Okay, let's go to Father's office to discuss. We both have nothing to lose.

Daniel mind-linked Father to see if he was still in his office. He replied that he was in the office and we could talk as a family. We reached the office; Daddy was there, but Mother had gone to the market to run some errands.

"Father, did you really give Vi permission to go to the Nightfall Pack?" Daniel asked him.

"No, why would I let Vi go to the devil's place? Why are we even having this discussion? No one is going to the Nightfall Pack. We don't have any business with them," Father replied, looking in my direction.

Daddy, you promised me on my birthday that I could go on a solo trip to any place I wanted. I want to go to the Nightfall Pack to celebrate Clara's 18th birthday. I promised her that I would be there for her. You taught us never to break our promises. It's not a big deal, Daddy. I will go there for just a couple of days. You won't even notice my absence.

"No, Vi, you can go to any place except the Nightfall Pack. We can throw her birthday celebration here at the pack house when she returns. You are aware of the Nightfall Pack, right? They are different from us. It's not good for you to go there. That's the end of the discussion," Father firmly replied.

In my opinion, we are judging the Nightfall Pack way more than they deserve. We only know anecdotes about them from other people. I don't think any of us have had any interaction with that pack. I don't think they are as bad as we are talking about. Alpha Theodore will be out of town during the celebration. If the devil is not there, what's to worry about? I will be staying with Clara's uncle. You have met him, and you guys bonded pretty well. I am not going alone. I will be going with Clara's grandparents. They are from our pack, and they will keep me safe.

"Vi, you are stubborn. In your eyes, everyone is kind and good. You are gullible and too naive for the outside world. Please understand that we are saying this for your own benefit. We don't want any harm to come to you. The Nightfall Pack is not even on the Council. If things go south, we won't be able to help. They don't fall under our jurisdiction," Daniel insisted.

You guys are making this a big deal. It's not like I'm going to spend the rest of my life there. Here is my plan: It will take us 14 hours to reach there by road. The birthday is on Monday, so I will leave around 5 a.m. and reach there by 6 p.m. I will stay there for 2 hours for the main celebration and leave at 8 p.m. I will come home by 10 a.m. the next morning. Come on, you can't say No now.

"Are you sure that Alpha Theodore won't be there? You can shift to cut the distance short, Vi," Daniel suggested.

I don't feel comfortable running in the unknown woods. I am not good with directions, and the driver will take me and bring me back. Daddy, please, you can't say No.

"I will talk with Clara's grandparents and uncles for further discussion. I have to discuss this with your mother too. I will give you my decision tomorrow evening, Father responded, giving me a beacon of hope.

Okay, I will be waiting for your answer.

🍀🍀🍀