Chapter 12

Vivian

"Are you ready for a run?" he asked me. I nodded, saying yes.

"Follow me," he said, and he started running into the woods. I followed, but my speed was no match for his. He ran as if it were a competition, and our distance began to increase. After a few minutes, he disappeared in the woods without even looking back to see if I was following him or not.

Taking a wolf for a run means keeping them side by side, and he left me behind in the woods. Feeling tired and thirsty, I searched for a stream to drink from. The forest was surrounded by tall trees reaching for the sky, and the realization that there might be other wild animals around crossed my mind.

After five minutes of walking, I found a small stream to quench my thirst. I lay on the ground to sunbathe, knowing he would eventually come searching for me after realizing he had left me behind. I didn't want to waste my energy searching for him.

As I was sunbathing, I heard a growl. I looked in the direction of the sound to see his angry eyes.

"What are you doing?" he asked me angrily.

"Can't you see? I am sunbathing," I replied coldly, wondering why he was angry with me when he was the one who left me behind.

"Do you think this is some kind of game, pup?" he asked, raising his voice.

I stared at him and said, "You left me in the woods without looking back. I was thirsty, so I came here to drink water."

He stayed silent for a few minutes, seemingly analyzing the situation, and then spoke in a normal tone, "How fast can you run?"

"I don't know in terms of time, but I am quite fast," I replied.

He laughed sarcastically and said, "If you are fast, then why were you left behind? Are you done with your rest? I want to see how fast you can run. I will give you a 5-minute head start. Run as fast as you can, and after 5 minutes, I will come and find you."

"Okay, I am ready for the challenge," I said.

He nodded, signaling me to run. I gave it my all to run faster than I had ever run before. The branches hit me, but I didn't care; I ran like a mad wolf. As I started to get tired, I heard the sound of a wolf running behind me. I turned to see if it was him, and, to my surprise, it was.

It wasn't possible for him to run this fast, perhaps because he was an Alpha. He called out to me to stop, but I thought he was trying to trick me, so I kept running. Unaware of my surroundings, I ran straight to the river below. Realizing my mistake too late, I found myself in the harsh current of the river, struggling to breathe.

Suddenly, he was there, dragging me out of the river. I was relieved to see him finally breathing properly.

"I told you to stop. Why did you run straight off the hill? What goes on in your thick head? You could have killed yourself," he scolded me.

"I'm sorry. I was lost in my thoughts. I didn't want you to surpass me," I apologized.

"We will stay here for some time and then head home," he said.

After a few minutes, we started walking, but he soon started to run again. I tried to match his speed, but I couldn't keep up, and I began panting. He noticed my struggle and stopped, walking back towards me.

"You are struggling. We still have two hours to reach the pack house. If we run, we can reach there within an hour. Can you run or not?" He asked.

"No, I'm getting tired," I replied honestly.

"Shift. I will carry you back home," he said.

"But I don't have my clothes with me. If I shift, I'll be naked, which I don't want," I responded.

"You know that you are a wolf, and nudity is not a big thing for wolves. I can't carry you if you are in your wolf form. I can only drag you if you are in your wolf form," he explained.

"I don't like being nude in front of others," I said.

"Okay. Here is what you can do: You can walk back home at your own snail's pace. I don't have time for your snail's pace." He replied to me with his Alpha voice.

"Are you serious?" I asked, not believing his words.

Yes, he replied, sounding serious.

🍀🍀🍀