Chapter 31

(Triggered warning- suicide)

Theodore

"You guys are not helping. Why are you running away? For the record, I have never killed a witch. I am a changed man. So can we handle it peacefully?" I voiced my words in a calm tone, not creating a threat, but it seemed they didn't hear a single word I spoke.

"What do you mean? You are Alpha Theodore. You killed people for staring, and you are telling us that you won't do anything." A stranger spoke out of the crowd. She must be the leader of a group.

"Yeah, it was in the past. I am a changed man. As I said, I came here for Vivian. I am feeling a little generous, so you can come and meet her at the Nightfall Pack. Where is Vivian?" I expressed my concern about not seeing my mate around. I can smell her scent, which means she is nearby.

"Maria from the Bluestone bloodline, I am impressed with the spell you used to protect this place. It took me way too long to break the spell. I have a book from your ancestor. I need your help with a spell," Arisa said, looking like a happy child. She was excited to meet someone from the Bluestone Bloodline, which went extinct, but one of them is alive.

"Who are you?" Maria asked, looking in Arisa's direction.

"I am Arisa. I am a witch like you. I hope we get along," Arisa replied, unsatisfied with Maria's bluntness.

"Maria, I need you now. Vivian is not responding. There is a fizz coming out of her mouth. I don't know what is happening. Help her," a boy came and dragged Maria out of the place.

When the boy mentioned Vivian's name, I was alerted, ready to pounce at him. But when he said there was fizz coming out of her mouth, I ran towards the scent. I couldn't believe what she had done.

"Oh, my god. What has she done? She took the poison. Lizzy, go and bring the doctor right now," Maria said, and the little girl hurried out of the hut.

"Do you have an antidote for the poison?" Arisa asked Maria.

"No, we don't have an antidote." Maria replied back with tears.

The doctor examined her and said the poison had spread throughout her body. Since she is a hybrid, her body is having a hard time fighting back. There is a little chance of survival.

"Theodore, you haven't marked her right. She is a hybrid, so her healing properties are weaker. If you mark her, then your alpha blood will be infused, which will make her healing faster," Arisa said, giving me hope that Vivian will be okay. But at the same time, marking her without consent doesn't seem right to me. We don't even have a good relationship. She will probably hate me for the rest of her life, but it is better than her dying. With that, I told everybody to leave the place so that I could mark her. I want this to be our moment, although she is fighting for her life. I hope she will forgive me.

I let my fangs dig into her neck, making a mark. I licked the mark to stop the blood from oozing out. I am happy that I marked her, and she is mine. Everyone will know that she belongs to the Alpha of the Nightfall Pack. After spending some time with her, I called the doctor to see if it was working out.

"Yeah, it worked. She is healing. It will take three or four days for her to come out of the unconscious state," the doctor said, which my ears were desperate to hear.

I asked James to make the necessary arrangements to take Vivian back to the Nightfall Pack. She will receive better care there than here. I informed Alpha Denise about what had happened and told him to come with his family to the Nightfall Pack. I am sure Vivian wants to see her family rather than me when she wakes up.

It has already been four days since Vivian took the poison, and there is no sign of her waking up. The pack doctor gave me assurance that any day she would wake up. I haven't left her side. I felt helpless seeing her fragile body lying on the bed. Being her mate, I couldn't stop her from taking such a big step.

It was uneasy to stay in the same room with Vivian's family, who don't miss a chance to throw daggers at me with their snarky comments. I can't blame them because this is the result of my mistreatment of Vivian. She must have thought before taking such a step.

It has been six days since Vivian ingested poison. I made myself comfortable on the couch and was about to sleep when I heard a whimper. I went and sat next to Vivian, observing her flinching body. She slowly opened her eyes, taking in the surroundings.

"Where am I? Is this where I will meet the Moon Goddess?" Vivian asked, and her questions made me chuckle. She seemed to be thinking this was her afterlife.

I cleared my throat and replied, "You are at home, my love. How are you feeling? Do you want me to call a doctor?"

She lifted her upper body to sit upright and looked around. I was expecting her to scream, but she gave me a smile that made my heart skip a beat. Is she aware of the situation? She looked at me and said something I wasn't expecting but was hoping for.

"I want you."

🍀🍀🍀