Chapter 7

Theodore

"Is she really your mate?" Father questioned me.

Yes, she is, but she says that she doesn't have mate pull.

"This is impossible. If she is your mate, then she should be able to feel the mate's pull. You know how things work. This isn't your first time," Father said to me.

I know what mate pull feels like. I want to give her all the love I have. I want to make her mine, but she is not budging.

"The only thing that is coming to my mind is, is she even a wolf?" Father questioned me.

She is the daughter of Alpha, which makes her a wolf. Is this how the Moon Goddess wants me to pay for my sin? What will I do if she doesn't feel what I am feeling now? I am lost.

"She is Alpha's daughter. Who is her father?" Clara introduced the girl as her friend to me and your mother. Father questioned me, looking in my direction for an answer.

"She is the daughter of Alpha Denise from the Moonstone Pack. What did you say, she is Clara's friend?

"Yes, she is Clara's friend. She is from the Moonstone Pack. I don't even consider that pack a pack." Father replied, looking disappointed.

How old is she? Is she even 18? I am losing my mind with all these questions in my mind.

"Maybe around the age of 17 or 18, since she is Clara's friend. I think the only person who can answer your questions is Eleanor's parents. I will mindlink them to come meet us." Father responded.

After a few minutes, Eleanor's parents came to the office. They were concerned about the whole ordeal.

"How old is the girl?" I questioned Eleanor's parents.

"She celebrated her 18th birthday last week. Is she really your mate?" Eleanor's parents questioned me.

Yes, she is my mate. She is the same age as Clara. That's not good.

My father questioned Eleanor's parents, 'Is she wolf-borne?'

"Yes, she is a wolf. She is a late bloomer, though. She shifted around the age of 15 or 16," Eleanor's mother replied to me.

Then why is she not feeling any mate pull? Is she lying?

"I will talk with her," Eleanor's mother responded.

That will be helpful. How about we bring the pack doctor to check on her? Maybe she has some brain problems going on. I will mindlink James to bring the pack doctor.

"Theo, she has to go home right now. We promised Alpha Denise that she would be back home tomorrow morning," Eleanor's parents chimed in.

"No. She is not leaving the pack until and unless we figure out what is going on. I will send a message to Alpha Denise about the situation."

"She will stay at our place. She is new to the pack. We don't want to scare her more. We have known her since she was a toddler. She will feel more comfortable staying with us for the night. We will figure out everything tomorrow." Eleanor's mother made an effort to make me understand her points.

She is my mate. I want her to stay at my place.

"Theo, calm down. Think with your brain, not your heart. You will scare her more than you already have. It is best to send her to spend the night at Eleanor's parents' house. We will figure everything out tomorrow. Let's call it a night. It has already been a long day for all of us," Father said.

Okay, just for tonight. We will deal with this tomorrow. Everyone left for home. I was heading home when James came to meet me.

"Sorry, Alpha. The pack doctor is out of town. He will return tomorrow evening. What's wrong? Are you okay? You look tense. Is she really your mate?" James asked.

"Why is everybody asking me the same question? She is my mate. Do you all think I am incapable of knowing if she is my mate or not? For God's sake, I was mated before. I know what mate pull feels like," I replied angrily.

"I am sorry, Alpha. I didn't mean to hurt you. I will take a leave," James replied, and he headed home.

"Is the Moon Goddess really punishing me?" I looked at the sky for an answer. 

🍀🍀🍀