Chapter 22

Thank you for 1.39k views. I love you all. ❤️

Vivian

I looked at him for his reaction, but how can I forget that he is Alpha Theodore in his usual stoic expression. There was pin-drop silence. It felt like time froze for a moment. I was about to utter a word when I saw Father and Daniel coming from the main door. It has been days since I last saw them. I pinched myself to see if I was daydreaming.

I ran in the direction of my father and Daniel. Before I could give them a hug, Alpha stopped me midway, which angered me. I could have killed him for real this time. Father and Daniel came near me, and then I saw wounds on Daniel's face, which broke my heart. His beautiful face is covered with wounds. I wanted to hug my loved ones, but the grip Alpha had on my wrist was impossible to break. As a last resort, I bit him, which took him by surprise. So, taking the opportunity, I ran towards my loved ones. We had a crying session and talked about well-being, but someone thought it was a good idea to interrupt family bonding time.

"Vivian, Alpha Denise wants to say something to you." Alpha's voice echoed in the room. I looked at my father to see what he was going to say that was so important right now. He looked hesitant to speak a word.

"I don't have all day, Alpha Denise. Can you speed up?" Alpha Theodore spat his words. Why is he getting so impatient? Someone teach this guy some empathy.

"We can discuss this later on. This is not the right time," Father said in his alpha tone. I was getting really frustrated with these alphas.

"It's an order, Alpha Denise. Tell her everything. You have overstayed here. It's a long journey back to the Moonstone Pack. Hurry up," Alpha Theodore said, clearly showing that he is done with family drama.

I looked at my father for answers, and I didn't even know what I was looking for. It would have been easy for a rock to speak, but father is not saying a word.

"Alpha Theodore. You can't disrespect my father like that. You have to pay for this." Daniel's said it with anger and rage, ready for a fight. Alpha and his men laughed at Daniel.

"No wonder where the stubbornness comes from, although you guys are not related by blood. I gave you a chance, Alpha Denise, to tell Vivian the truth, but you are incompetent to tell her the truth, so I will do it for you," Alpha Theodore said with a smirk without missing eye contact with me. Is he trying to intimidate me?

I cut him off in the middle of his sentence when I was done processing his statement about not being blood related. What does he mean by not being blood related?

I looked at Daniel and Father. They don't resemble each other, but Father treated him like his son. I went near Daniel to comfort him. "It must be difficult to hear news like that," I said, trying to reassure him. "Daniel, I love you. Blood doesn't matter. We will always be there for you. This revelation won't change anything for us as a family."

Daniel didn't utter a word; instead, he looked at me with amusement. A minute passed, but no one said a word. I turned in the direction of Alpha and the other people, who were looking at me with questioning expressions.

"Vivian, why are you like this? Can you think twice before speaking? I might have to ask the pack doctor to check if you're missing brain cells. Let me put it simply, so your little brain can process it. You're not blood-related to Alpha Denise. You're half human and half wolf. Do you get it now, or should I explain it again?" Alpha Theodore replied with an irritated voice, speaking slowly, as if I had a hearing problem.

I looked at Father in disbelief at this outrageous claim, but he didn't meet my gaze. What's going on here? This is too much information to process in one day. Father remained silent, but Daniel spoke up. "Father, I think Vivian deserves to know the truth."

🍀🍀🍀