Chapter 17

Vivian

"Do you have any illnesses?" Alpha Theodore asked me.

"No," I replied back, offended. "Just because I heal slowly doesn't mean I have an illness."

"Okay," he responded, and he went to the kitchen to bring food.

"I can walk to the dining area. We don't have to eat in my room," I said, looking at him bringing food inside.

"You need to rest and get stronger, so let's have food to fuel your strength. Is everyone in the Moonstone Pack weak?" He asked me nonchalantly, without thinking twice about how absurd his question was.

I looked at him in disbelief at his audacity to ask me such a question. I decided not to engage in conversation with him. I ate my food in silence.

He didn't like the fact that I hadn't replied to him. He looked in my direction for an answer, but I pretended he didn't exist. He cleared his throat to grab my attention, but I didn't give in. I was done with my food. I decided to end the night.

"Goodnight, Alpha," I told him without looking at him, and I headed towards the washroom for my nighttime routine. I wish I could have seen the expression on his face.

I did my nightly routine and went to sleep. I had a hard time falling asleep due to a slight pain in my ankle when I changed my sleeping position. I slept for a few hours. It was 4 a.m. when the door to my room opened. I was scared for my life, but Alpha's scent made me relax. What was he doing in my room? I pretended to sleep. He looked at me and then went to his office.

After a few minutes, I could hear Beta James' voice. I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation. I knew it was wrong, but I didn't have anything better to do. What could they be talking about?

"Alpha Denise is at the western border. He wants to come inside the pack's land. He says he wants to talk to Luna. He's worried about her." James' words shattered my heart. I knew my father would come to save me. It would only be a few days until I returned to my pack.

"Tell him to go back," Alpha replied in a cold voice.

"I did, but they're not budging. Alpha Denise's son, Daniel, is getting agitated. I won't be surprised if he has a fight with the border guards. They're threatening to go to the Eastern Region Alliance for support, which isn't good," James said with a slight worry in his voice.

Alpha laughed and said, "Do you really think I'm scared of the Eastern Region Alliance? Tell him that Vivian is happy and taking her role as Luna seriously. She'll need some time to get used to being Luna, so they won't be able to meet now. She'll meet them after a couple of months."

I couldn't believe that Alpha would do such a thing to me. He was stopping me from meeting my family.

"Where is Luna staying in the house?" James asked Alpha.

"She is staying in the guest room," Alpha responded.

"She's right next to us. Don't you think she'll hear us talking?" James questioned Alpha.

"No, she is sleeping. I checked on her before coming here," Alpha replied confidently.

Both of them left the office, so I decided to head back to sleep. I hardly slept after hearing their conversation. I knew for sure that he would not let me meet my family, but I was determined to find a way. It was already 8 a.m., so I decided to get ready for the day and head to breakfast. He was already there. I smiled and said, "Good morning, Alpha Theodore."

He looked surprised. "Are we talking now? What about the silent treatment you gave me yesterday?" he said snarkily.

"Come on, Alpha. I want to start the morning on a good note. Shall we eat?" I responded with a pleasant smile. I aimed to be on his good side today to gather more information from him. After breakfast, I suggested we take a walk, and he agreed.

"Can you walk?" he asked me.

"Yes, I can walk," I replied. I saw this as an opportunity to ask him a few questions.

"Will there be any staff for the night?" I inquired.

"No," he replied firmly, raising his eyebrows.

Later, after dinner, Alpha went to his office. With no staff in the house, I realized I could escape without worrying. I decided to dissolve sleeping pills into Alpha's coffee, allowing me to run away. I silently thanked the doctor for providing me with the sleeping pills.

I figured six pills should be enough to put him to sleep for a couple of hours. After mixing the pills into his coffee, I went to his office.

"I've made coffee for you, Alpha," I said, offering him a fake smile.

🍀🍀🍀