34.

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ Kai'wä POV ⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆

Aonung's lips are parted in surprise, looking like he's trapped between avoiding looking at me and unable to pull his eyes away from me.

I just stand there, gasping for breath like an idiot and trying to say everything I need to say, but I can't physically speak.

"Kai whats wrong?" he asks, stepping closer and brows furrowed with concern.

"I um... Ta'ru," I manage to say, before Aonung's eyes darken, flicking to the bruise on my wrist.

"Did he do that to you?"

"Yes," I breathe out, "wait- no. Well he did but-"

"I'm gonna kill him," Aonung growls under his breath, but I catch his hand.

I'm still not able to speak, and Aonung doesn't seem to understand what I'm trying to say.

"I kissed Ta'ru," I blurt.

Aonung frowns slightly.

"You came all the way here to tell me that?" he asks dully.

"No!" I half-shout, irritated that I just can't fucking say what I need to say. "It's just that... he's just... what I wanted... not..."

"Kai," Aonung says gently, holding my hand back.

My breath hitches again, and I bite my lip nervously as he takes a deep breath.

"Don't be with him."

"What?" I breathe.

"Don't be with him," Aonung says again. "I- it's just... I can't fucking stand it."

"What?" I whisper again.

"You can't be with Ta'ru," Aonung says in a low voice. "He just doesn't deserve you, not at all. He's a stupid rude ass hideous skxawng and you... you're Kai. My Kai."

My heart melts at those last words- all that I want to be.

"Don't be his mate, he's not worth a second of you," he mumbles. "I can't just stand back and let you go."

"Let me go," I repeat. "What?"

"I can't fucking stand it Kai," he finally explodes, placing a hand on the top of his head. "Seeing you with him, knowing that he'd get you forever when he's years away from deserving you, thinking about how you'll mat-"

"Aonung," I say firmly, taking the angry hand off his head and taking it in my own.

He looks as though he has no idea what I'm going to do.

"Be mine."

"What?" I gasp, shocked.

"Be mine Kai," he mumbles. "Forget Ta'ru. I could treat you better-"

"You said that the other night too," I say with narrowed eyes. "Then you left me."

Aonung swallows before looking straight in my eyes.

"I need you Kai," he whispers. "Ever since we were kids I knew that we were for each other- but you were always just so... perfect. But please."

He's pleading with me, his large blue eyes wide with desperation, and I feel my heart throb strangely.

"I love you Kai," he whispers. "I'm all yours."

I don't reply.

I just leap onto him.

He catches me easily, my legs wrapping tightly around his waist, and arms snaking around his neck to steady myself. His hands automatically move to hold me in place, one on my back and waist, the other arm propped under my ass, the hand gripping her thigh.

I have a moment to meet his large blue eyes shrouded in surprise before I pull him into a kiss.

One of my hands cups his jaw, the other clasping around the back of his neck and tilting his head to mine.

Our height difference seems ridiculous, and after a few moments he smiles against my mouth.

"So?" Aonung asks gently. "I'm yours?"

"Yes," I grin toothily, snaking my legs even closer around his waist and peppering his face with little kisses. "You're mine. And I'm yours."

His jaw clenches a little at those words, and suddenly we're toppling to the sand.

"Mine?"

"All yours," I promise him, a small smile fixed on my face as his hands find their way to gently cup my face. 

We fall back against the sand, still holding each other. I don't think I'm ever going to let him go again.

"I love you Aonung," I whisper, inches apart from his large blue eyes. 

"Will you... uh..." he says nervously. "Will you be my mate.

I blink in surprise.

"Are you sure?" I whisper. "Out of all the girls in the clan you want me-"

"Kai," he says gently cupping my nervous face between his large hands, which feel like they were perfectly crafted to hold me. "It's you. It's always been you, and I'll do whatever it takes to show you that."

"Yes," I breathe. "I want to be your mate Aonung."

His ears prick up and a small smile creeps over his face.

"I thought I'd have to do a little more convincing than that," he whispers happily before trailing light kisses down my neck, snuggling my body even closer to his own.

"Yeah well," I half-grumble, unable to keep the stupid smile off my face. "It helps I also liked you since we were kids."

I feel Aonung smile against my neck.

He tugs me even closer, and we curl gently into each other.

"I love you Kai."

And with that, I kiss him in the pale moonlight.

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ A/N ⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆

lowkey that's all i can tolerate of this book so yeah that's it <3

Check my tiktok or tumblr to decide what we do next pookie pies 🥰

Thank you for all the love and support and I hope someone liked this book because it made me want to 😝🔪💀

LOVE YOU

🎉 Tapos mo nang basahin ang 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ༊࿐ ᴀᴏɴᴜɴɢ x ᴏᴄ 🎉