7.

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ Kai'wä POV ⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆

I groan, rolling over. Another dream or flashback or whatever really is not welcome when my head is pounding like this. For a moment I think I've been struck over the head, before hazy memories flood my mind of last night. A bonfire, canteens of alchohol, dancing, hands wrapped around my waist.

Oh please great mother, don't let me have done anything stupid. Please.

I have made my share of bad mistakes. Mistakes involving friends and hunting and boys. But my memories return, and I realise Aonung, my brother's best friend and the first boy I kissed, is sitting a couple metres away in his own room.

Does he remember what happened? He hadn't tasted drunk, and I wonder if I had. Probably, if my head is aching this bad.

"Wake up!" A voice says loudly in my ear, and a smaller body pounces onto me.

"Urgh," I groan lightly rolling Tsireya off me and standing up.

"I'll make you tell me what's going on later," Tsireya says, crossing her arms and glaring childishly. "But first we have to train the Sullys."

"What?" I complain, but she's already dragging me up and out of the marui.

"Come on, they're waiting, and so are Rotxo and Aonung."

I freeze at this, forgetting Aonung would be here. Fuck.

I see them in the distance, and I instantly try to fight Tsireya dragging me by my hand.

"Reya please, I don't want to-"

"Hi!" she calls brightly, and now it's too late. They all fucking saw me.

I struggle for another moment before giving in and letting Tsireya drag me over, everyone staring at me.

"Hi," I say quietly, not meeting Aonung's gaze.

I can feel his eyes burning into me, but I suddenly am not able to look back at him. I can feel the ghost of his hands around me, and I shiver again.

"Where have you bee-" Rotxo starts, moving over to me looking angry and worried, but I shove him away into the water.

"Let's swim," I say decisively, as Rotxo comes up spluttering indignantly, little Tuk and Kiri and Tsireya laughing quietly.

"Kai'wä," Aonung says quietly, and I see him nearly reach for my hand to stop me, but then he pauses, moving his hand away thoughtfully.

He's careful not to touch me, I think.

Before we can talk, before he can say anything, I leap over Rotxo in the water and dive under the surface.

It's hard for my troubles to find me right here, as though the surface of the ocean is a barrier where boy problems and betrayals can't penetrate.

I smile at Tsireya underwater, and she shoots me a look of the I'm trying to figure you out variety.

I also see Aonung staring at me, so I swim up to the surface.

"Hey, you guys coming?" I call, smiling.

Neteyam and Lo'ak laugh and jump in, and after a moment's hesitation, so do Kiri and Tuk.

I submerge again, and Rotxo swims over to me, lightly brushing my arm to get me to look at him.

'Are you okay?' He signs.

'Of course', I reply, frowning.

'I saw what happened with Ta'ru yesterday. I'm sorry.'