28.

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ Kai'wä POV ⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆

When I wake up, I'm alone in the sand.

My head is aching terribly, but it's more the thought of Aonung's absense that worries me.

The last thing I remember is the sound of his deep voice mumbling something - I wasn't really listening, just letting myself be comforted by his voice - and the stars glistening above me.

Now, the sky is light blue of morning, and he's not beside me.

I exhale shakily, burying my head in my knees and thinking silently, the sand in my curly hair slowly trickling down on me.

Fuck.

So much happened last night and I remember so little.

I remember seeing Aonung across the party, a drink being thrown onto me, smushing a face in the sand, Aonung leading me carefully across the beach.

Taking my top off.

My hands instantly jump to my chest, where I'm relieved to find my top back on.

Aonung's bright blue eyes staring pleadingly into mine.

His lips on mine.

My eyes fly open at that memory.

We kissed.

I fucking kissed Aonung- or he kissed me- truly. Not under stupid pretences, just a sincere, long-awaited kiss between two people.

So then where is he?

As though on cue, his voice sounds behind me.

"Finally up princess?"

I try not to wilt in relief at the sight of him striding across the sand towards me clutching something in his large hands.

His face looks slightly different, just as infuriatingly beautiful and confident as ever, but now more... relaxed.

As though he's not trying to hide anything from me.

I realise I'm all sandy and hungover and my hair is a fucking mess once I take in how neat and hot he looks in the morning sunlight, his hair and skin glistening with nearly dried sparkling droplets - he must have gone for a swim while I was sleeping.

I just nod.

"Here," he smiles, standing over me and handing me the thing he's holding it.

I look suspiciously into the bowl at the thick green slush-mush-crush in it.

"What is this?" I wrinkle my nose at him.

"It's to help the headache," he offers. 

I take it gratefully and sip it tentatively.

It tastes like limes and salt and something spicy-bitter, and I pull a face.

"Thank you," I smile through gritted teeth. "So how bad was I last night."

Aonung laughs.

"I had my hands full with you," he shrugs.

"I bet you did," I mutter, hiding a small grin to myself.

Aonung pretends like he doesn't hear, but I see his mouth twitch slightly.

"Well," he grins, sitting down beside me. "You may or may not have confessed your undying love to me."

I smile to myself, internally shaking my head.

This silly adorable skxawng's trying to play games.

"Oh yeah?" I say. "Then what?"

"Then you said I see you."

I feign a look of shock.

"And?"

"Then you kissed me."

"Skxawng," I slap his arm. "That is so not what happened."

"Is too."

"Is not," I grin. "But nice try."

He just shrugs shamelessly at me.

"You said You're all I want," I remind him.

"I did."

I blink, surprised.

"I thought you'd deny it," I say.

"Why?" he asks, tilting his head to smile shyly at me.

"Because?" I say, scrunching my face. "I just thought that maybe you only said that cause I was drunk."

"What?" Aonung laughs incredulously.

"Well," I say, my face flushing a little, "it was just last night, and you thought I wouldn't remember anything so you wouldn't get stuck with me or anything so you can-"

"Kai'wä," Aonung says calmly, placing a hand on my thigh. "I meant everything I said."

My heart thumps loudly, and I can feel the smile creeping onto my face.

"I'm glad you remember," he adds. "It would suck to keep telling you again."

"Not for me," I laugh. "It's always nice to hear that someone wants me."

Aonung bites his lip as though he wanted to say something, but then he just smiles.

"Yeah," he whispers. "Yeah I do."

I smile shyly back at him as his hand reaches to brush some of the sand from my hair.

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ A/N ⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆

I've been losing heaps of motivation lately, but I just came up with a PERFECT angsty idea to carry the plot for a bit so dw u guys.

I need your timeline help again- do we want this book more cute and sweet or tensiony and smutty?

I'm giving sweet and cute my best shot but IM SORRY IM NOT USED TO IT<3

I'm trying my best, love you pookies 😘