33.

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ Kai'wä POV ⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆

The next few days pass in a strange blur.

Mostly I find excuses to stay in my marui, weaving and cooking and making little jewellery to take my mind of things and scared that if I go outside, I'll run into Aonung. Or Ta'ru.

"Kai'wä," Rotxo says, shaking me awake one morning. "It's like the middle of the day- how are you still sleeping?"

"So?" I grumble into my mat.

"So you're usually up at the ass crack of dawn and out until the middle of the night," my brother points out. "Doing warrior shit and sneaking off with Aonung."

Yep.

And now I'm too nervous to go train lest I bump into the boy that wants me too much or the one that doesn't want me at all.

"I've been busy," I say defensively, and my brother scoffs.

"You haven't even come to hang with the Sullys." he says.

"Well Aonung's been going, hasn't he?"

"So?" Rotxo asks, before understanding dawns on his face. "Oh."

"Oh," I sigh back, groaning and sitting up.

"Oh fuck. Kai, I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I say shortly. "It's not like it was ever gonna last."

"What?" Rotxo says, confused. "Why not?"

"Cause it was fake," I snap, curling tight around myself. "We were fake-dating for... for stupid reasins, and now Ta'ru wants me and Aonung ended it because 'that's what I wanted'."

"Is it?" my brother asks gently. "Is that what you want?"

"I don't know," I sigh. "It's just that... I thought for a bit that it was real."

"Who's saying it wasn't?"

"Aonung," I grumble. "He was talking about how we finally got what we both wanted, and now I feel like a stupid, unlovable skxawng that really thought that the most desired, hottest guy in the clan actually liked her."

Rotxo doesn't say anything, and when I look up at him, his eyes are sparkling with barely concealed amusement.

"What?" I shout, punching him hard in the arm. "I'm trying to tell you something important to me and you're just laughing like a stupid skxawng."

Rotxo shugs amusedly and I narrow my eyes.

"You're laughing like Koro," I hiss, and Rotxo gets offended.

"I wasn't laughing at you," he protests. "You're just oblivious."

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" I grumble.

"Because my ridiculous best friend is obviously in love with you," Rotxo says off-handedly. "He's been down bad since you punched him in the face and cussed him out."

"Since we were kids?" I ask skeptically.

Rotxo nods, saying, "Why do you think he's always been different around you, why he's so much sweeter and gentler and more nervous around you than with other girls he-"

"Yeah and what about those other girls?" I counter. "How come if he liked me, why was he fucking every other girl in the clan then?"

"He was trying to get over you," Rotxo explains.