3.

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ Kai'wä POV ⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆

"Kai'wä!"

"Yes?" I say breathlessly as I run into our marui, clutching my stomach and trying my best to regain breath.

"Where were you?" Rotxo says suspiciously. "Why are you so puffed?"

"No where, I was... with Tsireya."

"You're this tired from running from Tsireya's marui to ours?" my twin laughs, and I scowl at him.

"Kai'wä," I hear again, and I see Kamari leaning against the marui wall, studying me carefully.

I know Kamari won't get me in trouble. She's something like our mother or our sister I guess. We cook and clean together, living in her marui. She houses and clothes us, but pretty much lets us do whatever we want as long as it doesn't drag her into any messes.

She is very beautiful, and even though she never bothered with a mate, I know she's had a few boyfriends over the years. They never work out, but she's always prioritised Rotxo and I before anything else.

She is nearly thirty two; she was fifteen when our mom died at twenty. I know they were very close, almost identical and inseparable, and people always tell me I look like both my mom and Kamari.

She doesn't really like to talk about our mother. I know how I'd feel if I ever lost Rotxo, so I never really tried to pressure her into it. When we were kids, she would sing us her song cord and show us her old belongings, but now they just rest in a box hidden away where neither of us know.

I don't know why she hid the stuff and why she didn't tell Rotxo and I, but I've never really looked for it. I'm always sad we never knew our parents, but we have Kamari, and I'm never in a position to complain.

Some of my fondest memories are of child Rotxo and I cuddled up to Kamari in her bed, listening to her sing our mother's song cord and lightly rolling each of the ornate beads in our tiny hands.

"What's going on tonight?"

I return to the present after my uncomfortable reminiscence, and meet my aunt's gaze.

"There's a party," Rotxo shrugs.

"Is Kai'wä going?" Kamari asks.

"I'm tired," I say, flushing.

"Rotxo, you can't go without Kai."

"What?" Rotxo and I say in unison.

"Come on Kamari," my brother complains, "you know she wouldn't want to. She's too perfect-"

"That's the deal," Kamari shrugs.

Rotxo turns to me, eyes wide and pleading.

The truth is, I'm not bold enough to go to parties.

But then again, Rotxo covers for me mostly when I go out to train in the early mornings and late at night.

"Fine," I huff.

"Alright," Kamari says a little suspiciously, but I know she doesn't really mind. She's usually super chill, and apparently tonight is one of those nights. "Just be safe and make good choices."

"Thank you Kamari!" Rotxo says, hugging me and pressing little kisses all over my forehead.

"Ack, get off me," I laugh, shoving my brother away.