9.

⋆。˚⋆ฅ^𓆝୨♡୧𓆝ฅ^⋆˚。⋆ Aonung POV ⋆。˚⋆ฅ^𓆝୨♡୧𓆝ฅ^⋆˚。⋆

As Kai'wä quickly lets go of me, she carefully avoids my gaze.

"So," she says, flicking her long tail through the sand to not look up at me. "What now."

"Well," I shrug. "I didn't really think it through that far."

Kai'wä blinks, looking torn between worry and annoyance. 

"Well I've never done something like this before," she whispers shyly.

She's never shy.

"And you think I have?" I ask, raising a brow.

"I dunno," she shrugs, finally looking at me. "But I'm just the innocent virgin, right?"

I blink as she throws my words back at me.

"I didn't-"

"And innocent virgins don't go around pretending to date the Olo'eyktans son," Kai'wä points out, then she groans and hides her face in her hands. "Eywa, what was I thinking?"

"Hey," I say, nudging her gently with my shoulder. "It's not going to be that bad. It won't have to last that long either, if you don't want it to."

She groans again.

"Seriously," she moans. "Ta'ru's probably going to tell the whole clan now, and I'll look like a massive fucking slut-"

"No you won't," I try to tell her, but she just swats my arm and glares at me. "Ow!"

"I'll look like one of your little friends," she complains. "People will probably be thinking, that poor girl dating Aonung, she's going to end up with her heart broken."

"What?" I laugh. "You think I'm a heartbreaker?"

"No," she snaps. "I think you're a horny teenager that's afraid of commitment, and that us faking a relationships going to look like a steaming pile of bullshit."

"Woah," I say, blinking down at her. "Since when did you have such a smart mouth?"

"This is probably the longest we've spoken ever," she snaps. "Don't you think it's going to look strange that we're suddenly dating out of nowhere, after never speaking and never being known as friends?"

That's a fair point.

"Well," I say, tilting my head down at her, "people are always a good sucker for a best-friend's sister."

"Brother's best friend," she corrects, placing her hands on her hips. "I'd be the protagonist."

I laugh.

"Fine," I concede. 

"We should come up with some rules," Kai'wä suggests.

I groan, of course she'd suggest rules, but I reluctantly nod.

"No sex," she says instantly.

I blink, surprised.

"What?"

"I'm sorry," Kai'wä says, "but if that's why you wanted to do this-"

"NO!" I say quickly, and she raises a brow. "You're Rotxo's little sister, I'm not going to try and fuck you."

"I'm his twin," she corrects. "Besides, it has nothing to do with my brother, if and when I choose to fuck, it'll be my choice, not my brother's."

I'm even more taken aback by this.

"I don't mean no sex in general," Kai'wä concedes, "you're free to fuck around like usual, just keep a low profile and-"

"No," I say, shaking my head. "I'm not going to disrespect you like that, if we're in a fake relationship, I'll be the most loyal fake boyfriend ever."

"Right," Kai'wä says, rolling her eyes. "So no sex, and Tsireya has to know it's fake."

"What?"

"Oh please," she says. "My best friend will know this isn't real. We have no history or anything, and she definitely won't tell anyone."

"Fine," I snap. "You can't be with other guys."

Kai'wä tilts her head up at me.

"I mean that it will looks suspicious if my girlfriend is just hanging around with other's if we're a loyal loving couple," I point out.

"I don't hang around guys," Kai'wä says dully. "Trust me, you don't have to worry about me getting other male attention."

I shoot her a skeptical look.

"Well they don't," she shrugs. "I'm the innocent virgin, remember?"

"Are you sure," I squint at her.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean, it's pretty bold of you to kiss me out of nowhere at some random party."

Kai'wä blinks, and for one of the first times ever, I think she's speechless.

"Well," she says finally, swallowing whatever she's feeling, "I didn't actually know that was you."

"Right," I nod.

"I'm serious," she snaps. "Why would I kiss you?"

"Let's think," I say, smirking down at her. "You said you wanted to date me, you check me out, then you grab me and kiss me out of nowhere."

Kai'wä ducks her head, and I realise she's upset.

"Hey," I nudge her gently again. "I'm just joking."

"I didn't mean to," she says again. "It.. it um..."

"What?" I say, bending down slightly to see her face a foot below me.

I don't dare to touch her, but there's a strange urge for me to tuck her curly strands of hair away so I can properly see her.

She mumbles something unintelligible, scuffing the sand under her with her tail.

"What?"

"I never kissed someone before," she snaps, arms instantly folding around herself and turning to glare up at me.

I don't know what to say.

Of course, the kiss was wrong even if it didn't feel wrong, but I never would have imagined it was her first.

"Kai'wä," I mumble, but she ducks her head away again. 

"It's fine," she shrugs. "It doesn't matter anyway."

I can hardly remember my first kiss, stupidly lost in a storm of experiences with different metkayina girls, and I feel my heart lurch slightly.

I took Kai'wä's first kiss.

But then suddenly she's not upset anymore, and she's looking up at me.

"There's someone we have to tell first," Kai'wä says, tossing her head back.

"Who?" I ask, feeling a creeping sense of unnerve creeping along my back. 

"My brother."