2.

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ Kai'wä ⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆

When Tsireya and I finally make it to the beach, the new Na'vi have slid off their flying creatures and are walking awkwardly towards us. I study each of them in turn, my mind automatically switching into fight mode.

They are a family, I assume. The dad is tallish, standing non-threateningly but from the calluses of his fingers and a few minor injuries, I guess he must be a very skilled fighter.

The woman exudes danger and elegance, and I automatically love her, especially when she reaches for a very ornately carved bow.

The two sons are standing non-threateningly as well, both with their hair braided back and glancing around.

Then there are the two girls. One is around my age, looking both nervous and defiant, and I decide I like her as well. The tiny girl looks so frightened, so I smile encouragingly at her, and after a few moments, she smiles back from behind her mom's legs.

"Bro, what is that?"

"Is that supposed to be a tail?"

From across the circle, I hear the voices of my brother and Aonung. I move immediately as they open their mouths to speak, and as Aonung raises his hand to point at the brothers, I smack it away.

"Rotxo, Aonung," I hiss. "Leave them alone."

Rotxo looks away quickly, looking both guilty and embarrassed that I caught him making fun. Aonung on the other hand just smirks down and me and holds his hands up, looking me up and down as I glance back.

The younger brother is staring completely enthralled by Tsireya as she follows me, and she notices and blushes furiously.

"Hey," he says, nodding. Tsireya smiles and ducks her head away.

I catch the older brothers eye, and we both smile slightly, turning away to hide our slight laughter and Tsireya and the boy's obvious infatuation.

Again, I feel Aonung scowl, and I nudge him lightly.

"It's fine Aonung," I whisper. "She's nearly my age, she can have a crush if she wants to."

"She's seventeen," Aonung starts to say back, and I frown at him.

"Says the clan slut," I say.

Aonung's jaw drops a little, and I stick my tongue out.

"And you're what, exactly?" he says back. "Innocent virg-"

Tonowari arrives, and everyone parts to let him through. 

Aonung just looks away, not bothering to finish his sentence, still a little tense where my shoulder rests against his for a moment too long.

As Tonowari and the newcomers engage in some conversation seeking shelter, I turn to Tsireya, nudging her and smiling brightly.

"What was that?"

"Sh," she scolds me, but I can see her smiling.

"They're cute," I reassure her.

"I- I guess," she says unconvincingly, but I see her eyes travel back to the younger brother, and I can't help smiling.

It's always hard to find someone for Tsireya, and of course, she has to like the strange outsiders seeking Uturu.

Speaking of, Ronal has arrived now, and she and the wife are busy hissing at each other.