[36]

XXXVI

XXXVI

I wait until the guards are turned around before tapping Fran on the shoulder and preparing for a headshot. Almost as if on cue, we fire our shots at the exact same time, knocking two of the guards down due to our deadly precision.

Fran stays on guard as I jump down, gun in hand, and shield around the corner. The guard is alert now so I have to be much more superstitious.

I take my chances and emerge from my hiding spot, pulling the trigger almost immediately. I watch in veneration as the bullet punctures its way into the remaining guards chest.

"Area complete. Let's head inside." I call out to Francesca, who is already climbing down. I race ahead in caution, scoping the area free of all guards. My sister catches up to me just as we come face to face with the front door of Luca's hideout.

By now, I have no doubts that Luca knows whats going on. The sound of bullets ringing throughout have told him all that needs to be told. Now I just need to find him without anyone getting in my way.

My sister shoots the door lock with her pistol and I kick it open. Together, we rush into the building and are welcomed by a singular guard, clearly taken by surprise.

He hurls the only object he can find at me, which happens to be a small plank of wood.

Clearly aim is not his strong point, as the wood hits the floor before it can reach me. I roll my eyes and lunge towards him, grabbing him by the collar and pressuring him into a dark corner of the room.

"Lets have some fun." I whisper.

I take off his tie, only to quickly wrap it back around his neck, holding the ends with each of my hands. "Talk, and I'll go easy on you. Make any other sound, and I'll strangle you to death. Your choice buddy." I say cockily.

He swallows and looks around for help. I smile, assuming that the rest of the Mafia must have already taken out everyone else.

Francesca laughs from behind me, "nobody's coming to help you."

He sighs in defeat.

"What do you psychos want?!" He says through a growl. He avoids eye contact at all costs, like even one glance will be deadly to him.

"You know Luca doesn't actually care about you, right? He's using you." I taunt. His nostrils flare ever so slightly upon hearing my words.

"He's my boss, and I'll always stand by him." He says in defence.

I wrap the tie around his throat and pull, hearing an instant catch in his breath. "Pathetic. Now tell me where he is, or I swear I'll pull harder."